Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #341  
I was a little surprised to find they asked if you wanted gravy on your french fries when I was up in Canada, bu6t I think it's a fine idea. Very good eating.

The gravy at The Barbecue Inn is so good I'd almost put it on chocolate ice cream. :D

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #342  
Well, since we are talking about food, I have to mention The Arlington Steak House on West Division Street in Arlington, TX. It is truly a hole-in-the-wall place that has been there forever. I think they have stayed in business by catering to the workers at the Arlington GM Assembly Plant. My brother used to go there regularly (he weighed about 385) when he was a forklift operator at the GM plant. The place had a CFS that was so big it had to be served on a platter with a huge portion of mashed potatoes and the most yellow gravy I've ever seen anywhere. My brother would embarrass me when I would go in there with him. He'd eat the biggest CFS he could get and then order dessert. They tolerated his wild fantasy stories and flirting with the waitresses.:rolleyes:

The train tracks delivering parts and hauling away finished autos from the GM plant run about 30 ft from the backside of the restaurant. In the middle of a meal, a train would come by and the bedlam of sound and vibration inside the restaurant was maddening. A slow moving engine might sit behind the restaurant during your entire meal. You needed to know sign language to order a meal at those times or just point to what you wanted on the menu.:laughing: There's no telling how many heart attacks that place has produced since it opened in 1931.;)

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #344  
Bad weather related small pane crash in Brazos Co.

>>BRAZOS COUNTY, TX (KLTV) - A six-seater plane crash in northeast Brazos County, Texas killed five passengers on Monday.

The plane crashed Monday night around 10 p.m. in a pasture near the community of Edge, about 10 miles west of North Zulch.

Bryan/College Station DPS has confirmed that a total of five people died. Two adults a teenager and a 2-year-old child dead were found dead inside the plane. Another adult was found dead about 50 yards away from the plane.

DPS troopers say the plane was en route from Atlanta, Georgia and made a stop in Jackson, Mississippi then was on its way to Waco.

After experiencing bad weather, the pilot contacted a tower in Fort Worth.

Personnel at the tower advised the plane to fly in one direction to avoid the weather...but DPS reports the plane flew in the opposite direction. <<

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #345  
I've never eaten there but have seen that place. Have you ever been to Theo's in Grand Prairie?

I have driven by Theo's Drive-in a gazillion times since I lived in Grand Prairie from 1982 until I built my current house and moved in 2002. You are talking about the drive-in on E. Main rather than the Bar & Grill on NW 8th aren't you? I don't know why I never stopped at either one, but I've always heard good things about them.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #346  
And a Cessna Skyhawk went down about 3/4 mile NW of the Denton airport a bit before 2 a.m. today in foggy conditions. Last news report I saw was 1 killed and 2 seriously injured.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #347  
I have driven by Theo's Drive-in a gazillion times since I lived in Grand Prairie from 1982 until I built my current house and moved in 2002. You are talking about the drive-in on E. Main rather than the Bar & Grill on NW 8th aren't you? I don't know why I never stopped at either one, but I've always heard good things about them.

Wasn't the one on E. Main there even in the late '50s? Seems it's been there as long as I can remember. Didn't even know the other one existed.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #348  
Just over an inch of rain last night. It was off and on, and when it was on, it came down pretty good. I'm hoping for as much runoff as I can get. My small pond is starting to look like a pond again, but Lake Marabou is still pretty sad. I really need to work on the rest of my water diversion projects and getting more water to there that is now running off the the highway.

Eddie

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #349  
Wasn't the one on E. Main there even in the late '50s? Seems it's been there as long as I can remember. Didn't even know the other one existed.

There are two Theo's. Same owner. The Drive Inn has bern there longer (probably back to the 60's anyway, Bird) than the Bar & Grill but they are both good places to eat. Good catfish on Friday at the B&G. There was, for a time a few years ago, another Theo's on E. Main that was a chicken place. Never ate there. It's something else now.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #350  
Eddie, that's a little more rain than the about 2/3" that I got.