Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
You seem to get around quite a bit. Have you ever been to George's in Waco?

:laughing: Thats the part thay sucks about my job:D Havent eaten at Georges, I had a ranch North of Hico for a few years and was also in LE around there, so naturally I found the "good" food:thumbsup:

Dennis, I'm completely at a loss for what restaurant you are talking about unless you are confusing "Babe's" with "Bono's." Bono's is right beside a Catfish O'Harlies restaurant.QUOTE]

Jim, Bono's must be it then (what I get for speed'in by) Usually when i go by there it is dark and I'm headed North.

You guy's see the storm in the Panhandle on ito Oklahoma? 6 fatalities last I heard around Amarillo, glad we missed that. Maybe nice to get a "little" Saturday night for the kiddo's though.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #352  
Speaking of food, did anybody get a deer yet? I'm only seeing a few does and small bucks. I've never seen a deer with a busted antler here before, but this year, I have three that I'm sure of from my game camera pics. One was a fair 9 point that became an 8 point two hours later in my game cam pics.

Eddie

Attachments

• 309.jpg
    309.jpg
    1,012.1 KB · Views: 82
   / Texas Fall/Winter thread! #353  
Eddie, my neighbor, Mike, got a 8-pt buck on the first day of deer season. It wasn't a huge deer, of course, but he also harvested two does on later days. The other five hunters on that lease decided to wait for bigger bucks. Since the first day, they have seen no bucks at all. It seems that the bucks got spooked and are staying in heavy cover and only coming into the open at night. They see several does, but no bucks. We've had several at our feeder, but we don't hunt here and they probably feel safer around here.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
I shot a 9 second week, nothing huge, but legal. 1st Whitetail I've shot in 3-4 years.

Finally saw the lake level report (Thanks Mr Delcus) Whitney still 16' low!

I think Bridgeport was like 8' low. Seems the average I saw was around 6' low still.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #355  
Finally saw the lake level report (Thanks Mr Delcus) Whitney still 16' low!

I think Bridgeport was like 8' low. Seems the average I saw was around 6' low still.

Dennis, I saw Pete Delkus's report night before last, but I thought he said Lake Bridgeport was 12' low. I think maybe Eagle Mountain is -8' down, but I'm almost certain that Bridgeport was into a double digit depth deficit.;)

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #356  
2" just got dumped here last night, where did that come from? ...... Oh yea, I just poured some cement yesterday evening. Dried just long enough, no damage, whew!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #357  
Dennis, I saw Pete Delkus's report night before last, but I thought he said Lake Bridgeport was 12' low. I think maybe Eagle Mountain is -8' down, but I'm almost certain that Bridgeport was into a double digit depth deficit.;)

I like the Texas Water Development Board website to see the lake levels just about anywhere in the state. Of course, I have no personal knowledge of their accuracy and reliability, but they seem to me to be about right.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #358  
Bird, I'm convinced that you have an un-natural attraction to spreadsheets.;)

The levels according to that spreadsheet show Lake Bridgeport to be -13' and Eagle Mountain to be -6'. That's very close to what I think I saw reported.

Don: I was thinking about you Central TX folks last night as they showed that storm moving across. I'm really happy to hear you got some good rainfall. It may be too little, too late for many of your trees, but winter grain crops and the trees that survived the drought will surely benefit from a good shower like that one.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #359  
2" just got dumped here last night, where did that come from? ...... Oh yea, I just poured some cement yesterday evening. Dried just long enough, no damage, whew!

Don,
Your 2 inches dumped on us also. A tad over 2 inches on the rain gauge and Lake Marie is in overflow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Photos this afternoon.
Last night of the year at work tonight. We are starting 2 hours early.
Yippee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #360  
Bird, I'm convinced that you have an un-natural attraction to spreadsheets.;).

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Good one Jim!!!!!

Half an inch for me last night.

Eddie