Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #401  
Wine from Australia? You wouldn't be thinking of Yellowtail, would you? I've heard that Yellowtail is the biggest seller among imported wines in the US. And I hope they do well, since my pension system has invested in them, but the only time I tried a Yellowtail wine, I didn't care for it.:D

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #402  
Wine from Australia? You wouldn't be thinking of Yellowtail, would you? I've heard that Yellowtail is the biggest seller among imported wines in the US. And I hope they do well, since my pension system has invested in them, but the only time I tried a Yellowtail wine, I didn't care for it.:D

I was told the Aussies drink all the best stuff and ship the cheap stuff offshore.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #404  
I caught a bunch of Aussies sitting at a bar drinking miller lite. they thought it was the greatest. Never understood that one?:confused2:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
They probably haven't even tried "Lone Star", y'all remember that stuff? it was ok, but best in homemade biscuits at the state fair.

Like to froze my backside off working last night, 26* when I got to the house. Took an hour to thaw out my toes.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #406  

Yellowtail is specially made for the USA market. Lots of residual sugar to rot your teeth. Has to be sterile filtered which really takes all the goodness out of it.Yellow tail has done so much damage to the wine industry here its unbelievable. Their sweet tasting fruit bombs were such a hit in the US every big winery here followed them. Now the retailers are dumping their stock
Well bird you may want to look at moving your investment :laughing: Wine sales to the USA have crashed because our $ is worth more than yours now. And the US customers are getting better pallets and not drinking the mass made rubbish the major wineries have been pumping out.
So if you are looking for full bodied red wines that are unfiltered and hand crafted and taste like real wine its simple..........Drink Mine.. Drink Mine lol

The saying here is "Life's to short to drink bad wine"

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #407  
To heck with a oil pipeline from Canada. I want a wine pipeline from Australia.:thumbsup: Of course, it would have to come through California and those pesky left-coasters would probably complain it was unfair competition.;)

Well at the moment the wineries would be happy to pump it to you cheap....you could distill and save the corn for the livestock :D

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #408  
They probably haven't even tried "Lone Star", y'all remember that stuff? it was ok, but best in homemade biscuits at the state fair.

Like to froze my backside off working last night, 26* when I got to the house. Took an hour to thaw out my toes.

I don't remember when the Lone Star brewery closed in San Antonio, but you know they had the German beer gardens for private parties, the Hall of Horns, and later the Hall of Fins for one of the best museums of mounted critters you could find. Then they had the cherrywood bar from the old Buckhorn Saloon for free samples. Everything was free.

Well, now the Buckhorn Saloon & Museum is back downtown. They obviously didn't move everything so it's not as much of a museum as it was at the brewery, and it's pretty expensive now, but I think it's probably worth it if you've never seen it.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #409  
Yellowtail is specially made for the USA market. Lots of residual sugar to rot your teeth. Has to be sterile filtered which really takes all the goodness out of it.Yellow tail has done so much damage to the wine industry here its unbelievable. Their sweet tasting fruit bombs were such a hit in the US every big winery here followed them. Now the retailers are dumping their stock
Well bird you may want to look at moving your investment :laughing: Wine sales to the USA have crashed because our $ is worth more than yours now. And the US customers are getting better pallets and not drinking the mass made rubbish the major wineries have been pumping out.
So if you are looking for full bodied red wines that are unfiltered and hand crafted and taste like real wine its simple..........Drink Mine.. Drink Mine lol

Tha's interesting. Thanks for posting. Of course, as an individual, I don't have anything to do with the diversified investments made by the Dallas Police & Fire Pension System, but I know they have some amount invested, or at least did have, in Yellowtail wine.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #410  

Do you make a Cabernet Sauvignon? How about Merlot? I'm also fond of the taste of the Rieslings on occasion. If you make Cabernet Sauvignon, do you import your wine barrels from US Whiskey distillers? What is your brand/variety that you say is full-bodied?