Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
Not sure now how much I've got since my gauge is cracked, but it sounds like some of you have almost got what we received from Jan1st -March of last year already.. If we could at least get a front like this once a month, it would be better than last year.

My winter grasses seem to look better than the warm season grasses last Spring. I even think my Bermuda grew better this past fall after the good rains than it did all summer getting watered.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #452  
We got 1/4 inch of rain here today.
hugs, Brandi

Checked with mu neighbor since my gauge is drying with some JB Weld, he said it looked like we got just under 2", but he didn't want to walk all the way out in the mud.

Pete Delcus on Channel 8 said the area lakes have risen 1'-2' and will rise a little more by the time all the water makes it down. I'm already thinking "Crappie" fish'in if there is enough water to float a boat this Spring:)

Crappie run, do I hear crappie run?
hugs, Brandi

That would be a bad day!:laughing:

Today is a nice outside day, going to the mid-60's, then I guess the bottom is supposed to drop out. High tomorrow with the wind chill is supposed to be in the 30's, actual temp around 40*. Better check my "wood pile"

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #456  
That would be a bad day!:laughing:

Today is a nice outside day, going to the mid-60's, then I guess the bottom is supposed to drop out. High tomorrow with the wind chill is supposed to be in the 30's, actual temp around 40*. Better check my "wood pile"

Secure for heavy seas!
The wind here just started gusting about 40 mph straight out of the north. Brrr!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #457  
Ahh man, I need one more good day. Windy days are playing havoc on a nice sandy base for my pavers. I get little dunes and the pavers get wavy. Looks like there will be plenty left for Ron to lay....

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #458  
Ahh man, I need one more good day. Windy days are playing havoc on a nice sandy base for my pavers. I get little dunes and the pavers get wavy. Looks like there will be plenty left for Ron to lay....

Get him a good pair of those "gel" knee pads. Or does he already have a pair???:D

Secure for heavy seas!
The wind here just started gusting about 40 mph straight out of the north. Brrr!

You got that right!! Wind hit us around 7pm and dropped 10 degrees..23* tomorrow night! wind gust over 40mph tomorrow..YUK

Don, you timed it just right, just because your going to be doing all the driving on it, is no reason for you to do "all" the work!! Bet your back is feeling it too

This wind is nasty!, don't know if I will even try to cut wood today. NOAA says 20-29mph winds currently, real temp 32*. Add the wind chill it feels like 20*

NOT a fishing day that's for sure.