Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #491  
two_bit_score said:
Sounds like you've been there. I'm looking for an excuse to go as soon as possible. Driven down from CC a couple times and once you're in CC or Kingsville it's not that far.

Of course just good fresh boiled shrimp are good enough or me anytime.

Had some really good ones at the Ragin' Cajun in Houston last week.

We stopped there coming back from vacation in Mexico. The only bad thing is the restaraunt is inside a water park which requires admission.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #492  
Just give me some good shrimp gumbo and I will be happy any day

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #493  
Have not be to the Island yet this year. Will probably go next month. Had local shrimp for dinner last night from HEB.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
Looks like North Texas will get some serious rain the next couple of days! 2-3" alone predicted in my area, 4-5" over Eddies way (East TX) This "front" should give us some good run-off, I have been digging 36" deep holes for a fence at the church and the ground is moist all the way down. If we get the amount of rain they say, we should get some good pond filling going on.

When we went to Oklahoma Saturday for a funeral, I did notice most the ponds around Decatur and North appeared full, not quite the case in my spot, but sure looking better.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #495  
Looks like North Texas will get some serious rain the next couple of days! 2-3" alone predicted in my area, 4-5" over Eddies way (East TX) This "front" should give us some good run-off, I have been digging 36" deep holes for a fence at the church and the ground is moist all the way down. If we get the amount of rain they say, we should get some good pond filling going on.

When we went to Oklahoma Saturday for a funeral, I did notice most the ponds around Decatur and North appeared full, not quite the case in my spot, but sure looking better.

Thats a decent forecast ... my area could see some heavy rain 3-4". My ponds still need water and this rain may fill them.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
Thats a decent forecast ... my area could see some heavy rain 3-4". My ponds still need water and this rain may fill them.

We where in Hugo last Saturday and it looked pretty darn saturated there, I didn't make it to Ft. Towsen, but Hugo seemed pretty "muddy"

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #497  
I haven't heard any numbers for what they expect, but sure will appreciate anything that comes down. My small pond is two feet from being full and my lake is 4 feet down.

Forecast is 80% for this evening, 100% for tomorrow and 100% for tomorrow night, then 60 % for Thursday.

Eddie

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #499  
two_bit_score said:
Hey, I heard Johnny Cayse's in Longview closed, is that right? They had good gumbo.

I haven't been that way in awhile, so I couldn't tell you.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #500  
I haven't heard any numbers for what they expect, but sure will appreciate anything that comes down. My small pond is two feet from being full and my lake is 4 feet down.

Forecast is 80% for this evening, 100% for tomorrow and 100% for tomorrow night, then 60 % for Thursday.

Eddie

It's heading our way. I thought from the TV it was coming in from the west, the animation on Weather.com for the next 6 hours shows it coming up from the south.