Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
I haven't heard any numbers for what they expect, but sure will appreciate anything that comes down. My small pond is two feet from being full and my lake is 4 feet down.

Forecast is 80% for this evening, 100% for tomorrow and 100% for tomorrow night, then 60 % for Thursday.

Eddie

Eddie, the noon news said East of Greenville will see 4-5" through Wednesday, with possible low area flooding, soooo, might want to put the ducks in the house so they don't go down river!

It's heading our way. I thought from the TV it was coming in from the west, the animation on Weather.com for the next 6 hours shows it coming up from the south.

:thumbsup: Light showers South of me, sky is darker and it's starting to kick off..Wonder if it will be south to San Antonio, SIL says is "bleak dry" there right now.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #502  
Yep, the NWS radar shows it's getting close to me. I just finished doing a little trimming and edging the lawn; mowed with the ZTR yesteday evening. It's quite an experience when you're half blind in one eye.:laughing: Espcially with a wife fussing that you shouldn't be doing it, and old safety glasses that are not too clear anymore. But I'm ready for all the rain we can get.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #503  
Have not be to the Island yet this year. Will probably go next month. Had local shrimp for dinner last night from HEB.

I'm about 15 minutes from the Island (Laguna Vista). We try to eat at a different spot everytime we go, which is not as often as one might think living so close. Somehow we just keep going to the same places. Dirty Al's and affiliates.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #504  
It's here!:thumbsup::thumbsup: Lots of thunder and lightning, raining sideways, after 30 minutes gutters are overflowing and water 3" deep running thru the yard to the neighbor's pond. Of course I have the trailer still loaded with shavings so it looks like I might get a little wet unloading it.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #505  
We where in Hugo last Saturday and it looked pretty darn saturated there, I didn't make it to Ft. Towsen, but Hugo seemed pretty "muddy"

Hugo is about 70 miles east of me and they have been getting more rain than we have. Nothing here yet ... but the weather guy says it's coming.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
It has been raining for most of the past 5 hours, at times pretty heavy. Heck of a lightning and thunder show. Now they say we all may get 2-4", even East Texas. We'll see by tomorrow evening.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #507  
No rain yet. Wind gusting to 20mph from the South. My guess is the rain is going to slide right by us. Weather map shows it could be nasty around Austin, Ft Hood and Waco.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #508  
It has been raining hard in Lee County for the last two hours. By the sounds on the metal roof I'd say 2".

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #509  
It started raining in the Denton area around 5 p.m. and apparently rained a light rain all night, and is still raining. The NWS shows Denton has already gotten about two and a half inches and the radar doesn't make it look like it's going to quit anytime soon.:thumbsup:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #510  
Oh my! If I only had my ponds completed. This would be an awesome pond filler. As it is, the 2.75" so far is just runoff into my existing full ponds and full lake. We won't keep much of this because all our "tubs" are full. I'm about 5 full day's work from finishing my pond excavation enough to raise the dam. Oh well, ths will make my clay damp and easy to work once I get the final excavation complete. It just breaks my heart to see precious water flowing away.:(