Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #5,351  
Must be on your end, because I am still getting emails. I received over 20 of them today alone! :confused2:
Don't know. I called and left a message last night.
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #5,352  
Dennis, I went ahead and ordered an Optima from O'Reilly in Bowie. My Optima in my tractor has been incredibly good and I want a good battery in my car that my wife drives most of the time. The Optima is $209 at O'Reilly's and I'm willing to pay that premium for the security. They will have it in the store tomorrow morning and we'll go get it there. They'll also have anything else I need for installation. In the past, I probably would have gone with the Walmart premium battery, but I'm getting too old. . . sigh!

Dennis, I just order soaker hoses from Amazon. The Gilmour flat weeper hoses are far superior to any other. Of course, they are more expensive too, but after 3 or 4 years, they'll seem cheaper. You can order them in 25', 50', and 75' lengths. You can easily build a matrix that is visible from space.:D

BTW: Don't be surprised if you find the Gilmour soakers at HD or Lowes cheaper than Amazon. They also have a clone at Harbor Freight, but I've never used them.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
#5,353  
Thanks Jim. I had seen some at Lowes last fall for $9 for 50', thought that was a good price, but cant remember the brand. Kind of thinking it was the ones in the plain cheap ties, whole pallets of them.

You like those flat ones? how are the ends? They look like the ends on the slinky hoses ( the ones that shrink) you see on the infomercials and those come off after a couple of uses. Bet they store up nice.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #5,354  
Some folks steam the worms and convince themselves they are eating broccoli flavored shrimp:D NOT ME. I'm still a "where's the beef" guy. Speaking of, I wish I had a bunch to sell about now. Big$$$$ Gonna be like 22 ammo.:confused3: We got 36 degrees here heading for 50. Seems like the whole world is upside down.:)

My neighbor hauled 25 head to the sale averaged 612 lbs at $2.09 a lb .. Nice thick black Brangus calfs

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #5,355  
Jim, the Everstart at Walmart is the same as the Duralast, both made by Johnson Controls

Hey BTW, where did you say the cheapest place for soaker hose was? I wont try to out-do your "hose array" being it is probably registered with some "guvment" agency:cool:, but I need a better way to maintain moisture

Dennis,
So your not even gonna TRY to compete with Jim in who has the longest hose(es):confused3:

hugs, Brandi

#5,356  
Dennis,
So your not even gonna TRY to compete with Jim in who has the longest hose(es):confused3:

hugs, Brandi

Brandi, I must yield to age:shocked: And you can see his "hose" from the Hubble space station!!!:D

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #5,357  
Sitting on the patio, after a great steak, with a fire in the chiminea and a nice glass of Jack Daniels.

Got a lot a lot done today working on pastures. Burned a few big brush piles while wind was down.

Ranch is greening up and ready for some fertilizer.

Life is good.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #5,358  
Brandi, I must yield to age:shocked: And you can see his "hose" from the Hubble space station!!!:D
Yes, we must respect our elders.:rolleyes: But I won't shave my head for our elder.:thumbdown:
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #5,359  
The wind was down a little yesterday, so I burned one brush pile. Looks like the wind will be up again for more than a week.........and then comes March. Burning more brush will be on hold for a while.

Charlie

#5,360  
Yes, we must respect our elders.:rolleyes: But I won't shave my head for our elder.:thumbdown:
hugs, Brandi

I can understand that! Not our fault if "one", tried to make a "fashion statement":D