Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #5,531  
happy Texas independence day!!
Remember Goliad
Icy outside now...brutal wind, moisture/mist/fog...freezing with predictions to get to near 20 tonight...cows standing around 2 bales of hay and just eating to keep warm. 6 new calves to enjoy the cold snap.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #5,532  
Heaviest, largest sleet I have ever seen right now. almost looks like glass that has been shattered. Wind chills tonight from 0*-7*

Looking towards the road

I think I have a little more white stuff than you, Dennis. NWS says currently 19 degrees, wind chill of 3 (20 mph gusting to 29) and the low forecast for tonight is now 11.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #5,533  
Please don't shoot me been sliced on enough recently. One more storm on horizon for east coast that is on the board now. Haven't looked at Texas though but any long lasting warm ups yet. We are supposed to get up to eight inches tomorrow north of here maybe 16in or more

Buppies,
I won't shoot you, but FG might if you keep talking about more winter here.
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #5,534  
I'm already a "frigid biotch" today! And I am sick of winter!!!! :grumpy:
FG,
I think the word you are searching for is a one syllable word, not the two syllable word you used.:):stirthepot:
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #5,535  
38 degrees and raining here. We got 8/10ths inch of rain last week. Working inside the barn. It is still chilly in there. So I moved the ducklings into the shop area with a lower roof with less draft to help hold the temp in that area higher.

Going to Lowes now, as I realized I need treated boards on the bottom of the ducklings cage. Gonna rip 2x6s for the rest of the cage. Wire coming in a few days.
hugs, Brandi

Last edited:
   / Texas Fall/Winter thread!
#5,537  
I guess I should get a CFM56-7B engine for a shop heater, but not sure how to wire it to my power panel!:confused3::laughing::D

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #5,538  
Jinman,
On average how many hours per day do you think you spend in your garden for the season? And how many hours are spent out of the garden canning, blanching, freezing, etc.?

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #5,539  
28 degrees here in Giddings. Colder right now than many parts of Norway and Sweden. :(

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #5,540  
I guess you will have to "taxi into position and hold":D
It's more like.........."Hold short by the heater.":thumbsup:
You know it is bad outside:mur: when you get called 3 times for overtime for the Hangar "Remain Over Night" (RON) crew. I figured they had a load of :airplane: at the hangar and somebody was gonna have to work outside in the wet, bone chillin' cold:stormwarning::raincloud::umbrella-guy:, thus I was called once this afternoon, once 5 minutes before the shift started and again 5 minutes after shift started.:shocked:

I sure hope the ducklings like the cage I am building for them..........as without the cage building, I would not have had an excuse for working overtime!:duh:
FG,
You could always fly with one of those Super Soaker wanter guns full of Propylene Glycol.:rolleyes: When you see ice, just slide the canopy back and soak the ice with the "Glycol Gun".:shocked:
hugs, Brandi