Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #6,011  
4th is on Thursday, good, low crowd day. I think I'll wait till you get a little closer before I make that reservation - remember Drew.

Mowing dove weed is a nasty job, I've been putting it on the back burner for a few days. I got to get-er-done because the tractor does not fit in the tractor shed with the mover on and the yellow cat is getting upset. When the yellow cat gets upset she meows at the window in the middle of the night and to make up that sleep a afternoon nap is in order. Then after the nap I look at the tractor and the weeds and think I'll get-er done tomorrow. And the cycle continues.

Last night about 3:a.m. my wife saw a flashlight shine in the bedroom, heard someone say run, run, and then Whipper took off in a mad barking run. After a thorough investigation, it was determined, yea you guessed it, it was the yellow cat, a wife's headache and Whipper just being Whipper.

The yellow cat is MIA this morning - there goes my incentive.

Edit: The cat was found sleeping on the Farmall in the tractor shed, I'd better get ready to mow.

Funny how the trail of ramifications leads us to not getting things done. Especially for me.

We tried the other Paige restaurant on 290 about a year ago. I can't handle cigarette smoke while I'm eating. Haven't been back. I was thinking it was a state law here nowadays about not smoking in an eatery? Will have to try the new roadhouse. The other was always crowded when we went past.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #6,012  
Will have to try it...

We will see you on the fourth of December. Now if we can get Kyle and family (the kids can play pool while we wait for the burgers) to join us we can reserve the Texas table.

edit: you posted while I was typing Kyle, It's non-smoking now, even the bar and pool areas. They still serve all the beers including 12 types of keg beer. Lot's of families were there and the ice house feel is still there but the cliental has changed.

Charlie, it seems like Mineola (is that a mining town in Spanish) has skipped one hamburger joint in it's progression. It's usually a Dairy Queen, McDonald's, Sonics, Whataburger, Wendy's, Jack-in -the -box.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #6,013  
We will see you on the fourth of December. Now if we can get Kyle and family (the kids can play pool while we wait for the burgers) to join us we can reserve the Texas table.

It will be interesting to know how you like places like that after you can hear crickets again?

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #6,014  
It will be interesting to know how you like places like that after you can hear crickets again?
It will be a good test and still in my 90 day trial period!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #6,015  
We have a Roadhouse in Conroe. They have free peanuts and you suppose to put the shells on the floor. Awesome atmosphere..................when the waiting line isn't out the door. No reservations here.
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #6,016  
We have a Roadhouse in Conroe. They have free peanuts and you suppose to put the shells on the floor. Awesome atmosphere..................when the waiting line isn't out the door. No reservations here.
hugs, Brandi

I assume you're talking about the Texas Roadhouse and we have several in this area with the closest one about 3 miles north of us. We haven't been there in a couple of years, but it was pretty good and pretty busy, but no waiting line.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #6,017  
Brandi the "Texas Roadhouse" is a different animal from "The Roadhouse". The Roadhouse is now a chain of two and no peanuts. Reservations are also not required and you seat yourself.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #6,018  
Texas Roadhouse has some good food, but you have to wear earplugs and text the person you're sitting next to because it averages about 140 decibels.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #6,019  
Texas Roadhouse has some good food, but you have to wear earplugs and text the person you're sitting next to because it averages about 140 decibels.

The closest Texas RoadHouse is over an hour away.:thumbdown:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #6,020  
I assume you're talking about the Texas Roadhouse and we have several in this area with the closest one about 3 miles north of us. We haven't been there in a couple of years, but it was pretty good and pretty busy, but no waiting line.

Yes Bird. Thank you for correcting me. It is a Texas Roadhouse in Conroe. Yes it is loud. They also do catering.
hugs, Brandi