Page 63 of 593 FirstFirst ... 13536061626364656673113163563 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    JD 2520 CUT

Default Re: Texas Fall/Winter thread!

Quote Originally Posted by ronjhall View Post
    Been raining down here is the valley everyday since Sunday. Got a little over 2". Weatherman says we will continue to get more each day until Monday. Good for farmers down here. Not good for Winter Texans.
    At least its not freezing rain. Heck I bet you're out there running around in shorts while I'm all covered up....50 is freezing for me.
    JD 2520CUT; 62D MMM; 200CX FEL W/61" Bucket; Rhino 148 Cutter; 1800# Forks

Tractor
    Kubota 2910 HST

Quote Originally Posted by sldva00 View Post
    At least its not freezing rain. Heck I bet you're out there running around in shorts while I'm all covered up....50 is freezing for me.
    Nope no shorts when it's 50. Upper 60's if the sun is out.

Tractor
    NHTC45D, NH LB75B, Ford Jubilee

Quote Originally Posted by ronjhall View Post
    Nope no shorts when it's 50. Upper 60's if the sun is out.
    I was out making some terraces for water direction into my new pond yesterday. Yesterday started at 32F. It was 41F when I went outside, but since there was no wind, I was comfortable wearing a flannel shirt and jacket with work gloves and my non-vented Carhartt ball cap.
    Jim

Tractor
    Mahindra 6520 4WD

Quote Originally Posted by jinman View Post
    Brandi is there anyway or anything you could tie the tree off to so it would be supported or swing away from your workshop if it fell? I too have several small trees I need to remove, but none are endangering anything more than my well house. I don't think the tree would hurt the well house structure, but it might scrape off some shingles. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that it holds until you can get it down. Ground as wet as you describe doesn't give much support to already dead/dying trees. Don't feel bad about not getting photos of your tractor. If I took pictures everytime I got close to being stuck, I'd have a whole album of my "escape-ades."
    I could try that. I am in the process of emptying the workshop, as the workbenches and shelves in the barn "workshop area" are almost finished. I was planning on tearing the old workshop down (built in 1983 and moved here in 1996), but now I am thinking about listing it on Craigs List and/or American Classified for $200-300. I built it stout back in my younger day with a hip roof, but it needs TLC. It is just 10 foot by 10 foot, and it was a pain to make all those compound cuts on the roof (which would support a tank). Thus my thinking of selling it, instead of tearing it down.

The uphill side of the tree could support my tractor to dig enough to push the tree into the leaning direction................right at the old shop. So I am motivated to get it emptied and moved.
    But not today. Going to run up to Comanche and get a ton of Bentonite and then stay with my daughter in North Austin.
    hugs, Brandi

I prefer temperature in the mid to low 50s if the sun is out and no wind; low 60s if overcast or a good breeze. When I go out, my wife is always asking, "Aren't you going to wear a jacket?" Yesterday, it was 52 degrees out in my shop/recreation room while I was out there shooting pool in shorts and t-shirt. Very nice.
    Bird

Tractor
    Mahindra 6520 4WD

We got 5/8ths inch this morning. Slow and steady. It is very wet here now. I think we are back on target for this year, not counting shortages from last year.
    hugs, Brandi

Tractor
    Kioti DK 35 now

Got a decent "drizzle" last night around 11:30pm, nothing significant, maybe a 1/10+. It was actually quite pleasant too, 45* and no breeze (yesterday evening)

Brandi,

Is your 10x10 shop movable, where you could pull it out of the way of the tree? Sounds like you built it strong enough to move.
    Dennis

"Winter 2013 a majority of the country is setting new cold records, Colorado is setting new record HIGH's"

"If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you."

Tractor
    Mahindra 6520 4WD

Quote Originally Posted by Western View Post
    Got a decent "drizzle" last night around 11:30pm, nothing significant, maybe a 1/10+. It was actually quite pleasant too, 45* and no breeze (yesterday evening)

Brandi,

Is your 10x10 shop movable, where you could pull it out of the way of the tree? Sounds like you built it strong enough to move.
    I built it in 1983 and moved it in 1996 with a Uhaul car trailer and my Dad's 4WD Bronco. It was on concrete when I built it. Now it is on untreated wood floor. Unbolt it, jack it up, put two 4x4s or 4x6s under it and back a trailer under it. Simple, but a buyer can move it or pay me to move it. We jacked it with a Hi lift jack before. Now the Big RED Beast will do the heavy lifting. It is really too wet to do anything outside here now.
    hugs, Brandi

Tractor
    Kioti DK 35 now

That makes sense. A couple of logs or post may let you "roll" it enough to go ahead and deal with the tree.

Getting cool here Ladies and Gents, will be 24* in Nacogdoches Saturday night when I'm there working. I see thermals and wool socks in my future!!
    Dennis

"Winter 2013 a majority of the country is setting new cold records, Colorado is setting new record HIGH's"

"If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you."

Elite Member
    Tractor
    7040 HDC 1153 fel

well its cold here in northeat tx,the last time i looked the temp was 32 with a WC of 21.an they say we could get down to 20 by morning.goodthing we have enough wood to keep the fire hot.

Page 63 of 593 FirstFirst ... 13536061626364656673113163563 ... LastLast