Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #6,381  
We have a rain deficit of over 14" for 2014

Yep, I find on the Internet that the Denton airport average is 38.36" and I'm 10 miles south of the airport and by my own cheap gauge, I've gotten 24.07" so 14.29" deficit.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #6,382  
They are trying to fudge on it but looks like a slight chance of some frozen precip as we hover around the freezing mark on Wed and Thu. When we have forecasts like this it sometimes gets really ugly.

I'm with you Bird, I make it a point to got to bed early on New Year's Eve and wake up the next morning at the top of my game, unlike most. I worked NYE too many years at my Dad's restaurant that was open 24 hr and across the street from lots on Bars & Dancehalls. The only good thing was that by the time I headed home everyone was off the road one way or another.

We wish everyone a Safe & Better New Year, God Bless.

Charlie

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #6,383  
We got 2 & 1/4 inches of rain over the weekend. We suppose to get more in a day or so. Bad thing is, I'm off and building more fence. Good thing is......the rains added a foot of water in both ponds.
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
#6,384  
Brandi, that's great! I have a total of maybe 1' in mine LOL

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #6,386  
Happy New year Texas! Starting off right with 6/10" rain this morning and warm mesquite fire.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #6,387  
Happy New Year from Corinth, TX, where we've gotten just a little shy of a half inch of rain so far today. And with 30 to 35 degree temperatures, we have no intention of going outdoors today. Just going to watch Rose Parade and football, and have a simple meal of blackeyed peas, fried cabbage, sliced tomatoes, and cornbread.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #6,388  
Happy New Year!

No Deer this morning but productive none the less.

Looks like I'm iced in till Sat... Oh darn :)

image-4116062351.jpg

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #6,389  
Happy New Year --- cold & wet in Bastrop county....means dressing right - I can use the new wool socks I got for Christmas. Rubber boots are good for dry - but not worth nuttin for warm.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #6,390  
Cold & Crappy in Colorado County. 43 degrees and just misting rain off and on all day.

Happy New Years to all!

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet