Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #631  
We wore coveralls and heavy jackets all day never broke 30 degree's ... had baby pigs born last night and a little struggle all day to keep them warm ... heat lamps and plenty of bedding ... weatherman says 70% change of rain, freezing rain, mix and snow by Monday ... I guess old man winter set in.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #632  
We wore coveralls and heavy jackets all day never broke 30 degree's ... had baby pigs born last night and a little struggle all day to keep them warm ... heat lamps and plenty of bedding ... weatherman says 70% change of rain, freezing rain, mix and snow by Monday ... I guess old man winter set in.

It's funny how a sow will pick the worst time to farrow pigs. Perhaps that is natures way of ensuring only the fittest survive.:confused3:

Tonight they are predicting a dusting of snow that won't stick on anything but grass. There's definitely supposed to be accumulation of several inches on the north side of the Red River. My grandson is hoping for a big snow here, but I told him it will probably be nothing more than a school starting delay in the morning, if anything at all.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
Tonight they are predicting a dusting of snow that won't stick on anything but grass. There's definitely supposed to be accumulation of several inches on the north side of the Red River. My grandson is hoping for a big snow here, but I told him it will probably be nothing more than a school starting delay in the morning, if anything at all.

Last time I heard that Jim, we ended up with 12" of snow:laughing:

After 2 hours of work last night, I had enough. don't know what the wind chill was, but it chilly.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #634  
It's funny how a sow will pick the worst time to farrow pigs. Perhaps that is natures way of ensuring only the fittest survive.:confused3:

Yep ...the fittest survive. Lost a couple, laid on one and one just got away from the heat lamp. The rest have a few hours on them and are doing well.

Last time I heard that Jim, we ended up with 12" of snow:laughing:

After 2 hours of work last night, I had enough. don't know what the wind chill was, but it chilly.

My area is calling for an inch and North around Ada 2-4" ... School will probably be canceled here.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
BR, is that snow or ice mix? I haven't seen the weather today since I've been sleeping, the NOAA site says a mix for us. I will take the snow with it's minor inconvenience, but could live without the ice. Ice seems to bring out everyone that can;t drive in it!!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #636  
BR, is that snow or ice mix? I haven't seen the weather today since I've been sleeping, the NOAA site says a mix for us. I will take the snow with it's minor inconvenience, but could live without the ice. Ice seems to bring out everyone that can;t drive in it!!

What it says is rain and snow this evening in the form of wintery precipation with about 1" of snow ... I suppose it will give the rain, ice, sleet and snow... Monday in the a.m. rain/ice ... this is weather.com with my zip code.

Attachments

• weather.JPG
    weather.JPG
    84 KB · Views: 97
   / Texas Fall/Winter thread! #637  
Guess I shouldn't complain. Another day of rain today. But outlook for rest of week looks good.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #638  
46 degrees and sleeting this afternoon in central TX. I thought the car temp gauge was off but it was the same as the banks.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #639  
46 degrees and sleeting this afternoon in central TX. I thought the car temp gauge was off but it was the same as the banks.

It was sleeting here at 7pm. Enough to make me stop grilling the t bones before I lite the charcoal. Had take out Japanese Habachi Grilled Steak instead!
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #640  
Got 1-1/2" of accumulation on my deck and rails. The grass is really splotchy and driveway and roads are all clear, especially with a bit of rain here pre-dawn. It's been 32F here since 6:30 AM.