Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #6,561  
Brandi, I feel the land prices will drop along with the price of oil. They are very high right now, especially if there is a decent home on the property.

Texas economy is going to skid to a crawl as all these oil field workers are laid off. Boom or bust.

I have heard just the opposite. I was listening to an economist the other night. Because of the growth in Texas, there is a huge shortage of skilled labor for construction. Contractors and construction unions are saying that they can put any displaced oil workers right to work and still have jobs available. This was confirmed by a rep from Associated General Contractors.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #6,562  
I have to agree with sseelhoff. With Houston being the #1 fastest growing city in the U.S. and Austin #2 there will be thousands/millions more people looking for country acreage. Lee county is in-between the two. Land is already listing from 5-6K per acre - unimproved.

I saw 6 trucks working on a oil well on FM2440 yesterday and it's pumping again today. Landmen are still trying to lease out land in the county as leases expire. They have temporarily stopped new wells, but that is just till the price goes up again.

Example of average land with a weekend shack. 151 acres $759,000 - a tad over 5K per acre.
County Road 309, Lexington TX For Sale | Trulia.com

Or for $5,600 an acre 95% mesquite land pie shaped piece.
1240 Ccr # 331, Lexington, TX 78947 is For Sale - Zillow

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #6,565  
Congratulations Brandi on the member of the month honor. Does that come with a tiara and a sash?
Sseelhoff,
Hopefully BR will cut me a tiera out and paint it gold. Or silver. I like silver better than gold anyway!
Maybe somebody here can make a sash for me to put on the Big RED Beast. One thing I can not do is sew. Only stitching on buttons for me.
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #6,566  
I have to agree with sseelhoff. With Houston being the #1 fastest growing city in the U.S. and Austin #2 there will be thousands/millions more people looking for country acreage. Lee county is in-between the two. Land is already listing from 5-6K per acre - unimproved.

I saw 6 trucks working on a oil well on FM2440 yesterday and it's pumping again today. Landmen are still trying to lease out land in the county as leases expire. They have temporarily stopped new wells, but that is just till the price goes up again.

Example of average land with a weekend shack. 151 acres $759,000 - a tad over 5K per acre.
County Road 309, Lexington TX For Sale | Trulia.com

Or for $5,600 an acre 95% mesquite land pie shaped piece.
1240 Ccr # 331, Lexington, TX 78947 is For Sale - Zillow

Land men are getting laid off as we speak. It will take time for the fallout to fully claim it's wretchedness.

Depends on who you believe as to what the price of oil will do. The Saudis are saying it won't come down for a long time and the American Oil Executives are saying the world will swallow up the million barrel a day excess we have. Bottom line, we can't produce at Saudi price for long.

Many companies are sitting on their leases. Those that have been started being drilled, will most likely be finished, but most that are not started are on the back burner for now.

By all means, if you have real estate you've been thinking of selling, get 'er done. Right now prices are higher than ever around here. But IMO, the purse strings of spenders will get tighter and tighter until the price 'o oil goes back up.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #6,567  
sorry - was in a hurry to get busy -- building a goat shed under my leanto. Bernice wants a fence like that around our back yard too.....like I don't have enough projects on the list. B- you should get busy looking for that land. Austin is forecasting a population growth of 65,000 for 2015 and more after that. It's all gonna push this way causing prices to go up I'm sure. Lee county taxes are a lot better than bastrop county. just fyi. ...

LOL....I figured you were in a hurry with something. Remember, Lee (Weldingisfun) has a goat ranch up south-southwest of Killeen. I am in land holding pattern right now. Gotta wait a little longer.
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #6,568  
How, oh how did you get that steer to stand on his nose?:confused3: I understand the one laying on its side.;)
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #6,569  
I have heard just the opposite. I was listening to an economist the other night. Because of the growth in Texas, there is a huge shortage of skilled labor for construction. Contractors and construction unions are saying that they can put any displaced oil workers right to work and still have jobs available. This was confirmed by a rep from Associated General Contractors.

The construction in "The Golden Triangle" (Dallas/Ft. Worth/Denton) is just incredible. Huge, expensive homes and apartments, roads, businesses, etc. And on the big I-35E expansion project from Dallas to Denton, I've noticed two big banners "NOW HIRING ALL TRADES" just within 5 miles so I assume there are others as well.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #6,570  
How, oh how did you get that steer to stand on his nose?:confused3: I understand the one laying on its side.;)
hugs, Brandi

Just good like that. Actually me and my IPhone 5 still don't get along taking pictures and posting them. Well when I'm not checking gas wells,I'm usually help the wife coaching basketball or game with my 5yr old,then helping my friends son with the steer I donated it's all are first rodeo with the show steer stuff and of course feeding the cows everyday cubing or putting out hay. Had the flu just getting over that,not long before that they was trying get my blood pressure lined out,spent little time in the ER but all is good now.