Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #6,581  
They took the steer to jackpot today got 5th in class but overall the judge said he looked good everywhere just needed more of a belly and fat. His little brother won the peewee showmanship thou. Good times cant wait until my boy is of age.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #6,582  
They took the steer to jackpot today got 5th in class but overall the judge said he looked good everywhere just needed more of a belly and fat. His little brother won the peewee showmanship thou. Good times cant wait until my boy is of age.

Good deal.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #6,583  
Do any of you use Scotts Winterguard fertilizer on your lawn? I applied a heavy dose on Oct. 30 and Nov. 3 and watered it in good. Now I thought it was supposed to just strengthen the root system for next summer, but that's not the case. I've got a prettier, greener lawn now that I ever had in the summer. And I'm having to mow even in the winter. I mowed yesterday and hope we get the rain that's in the current forecast.
I've used that in Houston with great success too. I have steered away from all weed and feed products. I really see a slowing in growth of any bedded plants, shrubs or flowers and even trees nearby. Seems my best results in Houston and out here now in central Texas are with 13-13-13. HS

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #6,584  
The triple 13 is what I used on my yard when we were out in the country toward the west end of Navarro County; didn't cost me anything.:laughing: I let a neighbor/friend run his cattle in my pasture, so he'd go get that big trailer/spreader and apply it to my pasture, but first we'd save a couple of 5 gallon buckets of it to put on the yard.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #6,585  
13-13-13 is what we learned in high school ag classes to be the best for this area. So Scott, you are right on.
hugs, Brandi
I've used that in Houston with great success too. I have steered away from all weed and feed products. I really see a slowing in growth of any bedded plants, shrubs or flowers and even trees nearby. Seems my best results in Houston and out here now in central Texas are with 13-13-13. HS

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #6,586  
New thinking is fertilizers with a 3-1-2 ratio is best in general use.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #6,587  
I use 24-8-10 and what ever the chickens lay down,well and the cattle sometime...

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #6,588  
Dry farmers are putting down fertilizer now here, I guess I should get out of cold bunker down mode and get going on pasture and garden. Fluids changed in Kubota it's ready to spread 13-13-13. I rototilled garden last month and turned it over last week again. It was covered in straw. Garlic is is up and wintered over great. Daffodils are up, some are 3" already. My rye grass for the winter yard looks thin this year. Not sure why, it worked and looked so good last year I put an extra 50lbs down. My son is encouraging me to start with some cold boxes now. Anyone else starting. HS

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #6,589  
Dry farmers are putting down fertilizer now here, I guess I should get out of cold bunker down mode and get going on pasture and garden. Fluids changed in Kubota it's ready to spread 13-13-13. I rototilled garden last month and turned it over last week again. It was covered in straw. Garlic is is up and wintered over great. Daffodils are up, some are 3" already. My rye grass for the winter yard looks thin this year. Not sure why, it worked and looked so good last year I put an extra 50lbs down. My son is encouraging me to start with some cold boxes now. Anyone else starting. HS

We put potatoes in today. I have the beds ready for tomatoes and peppers an zucchini. If we do seed, I will start those soon, but I need a heat mat to keep them warm for a few eeeks. Wife has some citronella and a few other things going in the cold frame right now.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #6,590  
Turned out to be pretty good SuperBowl to watch. I won none of the quarters on pot at work. Did how ever win the bet against my wife and son for $5