Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #7,181  
It's finally Fall! When do we actually get some Fall weather?

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #7,183  
Fingers crossed that the cool front makes it all the way here. Almost 90 degrees again today. And all the Christmas stuff is out at the stores! Good grief. :laughing:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #7,184  
Yep, I mowed this morning in hopes of rain the next few days. And it was hot enough today that by the time I finished mowing 2 yards, my clothes were all wet with sweat.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #7,185  
Late Sunday!!!

Yep, looks like it. My horse and I are leaving 4 a.m. tomorrow for Texas Hill Country for a week. Its forecast for high of only 70 for Monday where our camp is SW of Hunt.

Woo Hoo!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #7,186  
I had a friend of Chicago take a trip to Punta Cana with the family. He was complaining about how "hot" it was. Said it was in the 80s every day. I laughed.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #7,187  
Yep, looks like it. My horse and I are leaving 4 a.m. tomorrow for Texas Hill Country for a week. Its forecast for high of only 70 for Monday where our camp is SW of Hunt.

Woo Hoo!
That there is beautiful country. I took the drive up from Leaky once, up through Hunt, following the head waters of the Guadalupe River. Gorgeous!
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #7,188  
That there is beautiful country. I took the drive up from Leaky once, up through Hunt, following the head waters of the Guadalupe River. Gorgeous!
hugs, Brandi

I've been on that same road 39, checking out the headwaters of the Guadalupe too. Since I grew up in Victoria (on the Guadalupe). Very beautiful early in the morning, with a bit of fog over the water at the low water crossings.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #7,189  
Finally! Some real Fall weather! 42 here this morning. Woo Hoo!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #7,190  
It also most snowed here this morning.. if it had been 50 degrees cooler that rain would have been snow.. really.. so I guess I will cut those hay fields today and bale.. cause I missed out on the snow.. snow pulls all the protein out of the grass.. but it didn't snow so I guess the grass still has it.. fifth cutting.. because of the no snow.. maybe better luck in Jan.. 6th cutting.. or would that be the first cutting on the new year?.. anyway later.. Lou