Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #751  
I wanted to finish mowing the back 40 today;), but 1/4 inch of rain this morning and another 1/4 inch from coastal showers stopped that idea. Will be a wet weekend here. I will be in the barn shop taking my FEL off for the first time after the diverter valve I ordered from Surplus Center arrives. Also tomorrow, I am headed to RB Auction in Ft. Worth to pick up the 72 inch grapple I won the bid on.:thumbsup: Woohoo.:D
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #752  
I figure I got about .13" today, and the radar looks like it's all gone, but the forecast is still 30, 40, 50, and 60% chance every day and every night through Sunday, so we can still hope.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #753  
Well, today seems to have the magic touch to get us some precip. It's raining gently here for the last 3 hours and it looks like the Metro-mess is getting a solid coverage of steady rain. I got about 4 more hours to work on my pond dam yesterday and did some basic things that any standing water would prevent. The extra 4 hours work really was productive. Now the rain is all good and I have very little anxiety about my new dam.:) Dennis, we're gonna have to start a new thread titled Texas Spring/Summer pretty soon.:thumbsup:

BTW: I've had nothing but positive experiences with my NH LB75B TLB. The more I use it, the more I like it. It has performed flawlessly. In the 1-1/2 years and over 400 hours, I think I've added maybe 2 gallons of hydraulic fluid and that includes replacement fluid after a blown hose. I added a gallon of fluid this last week and it filled the sight glass on the reservoir. I don't think the engine has ever used a drop of oil and the coolant stays at a perfect level. I just grease it, gas it, and go. I don't touch the gas to get it started. I just turn the key and it fires right off. I'd say it is pretty good for a used machine.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #754  
My Dogwood's are blooming, my dogwood's are blooming.:) Spring is here:thumbsup: and it is only 45 degrees:( outside.
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #755  
My Dogwood's are blooming, my dogwood's are blooming.:) Spring is here:thumbsup: and it is only 45 degrees:( outside.
hugs, Brandi

I know what you mean,I have many things to do but with this weather my wont to is broke. But I love the rain,just not the cold. Monday suppost to turn off nice,maybe can get my fertilizer out,for the later rains coming next week:thumbsup:

For those who care I came across some fertilizer,for the going green farmers.I will be putting it out monday will take picture of the before and take pictures weekly showing progress against it and nothing on rye grass. I will also be putting it on one acre of hay meadow,and put it up against normal liquid fertilizers havent desided on blend yet maybe 18-4-12 will see....Look for the "TryingGreenFertilizer"thread

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #756  
Lots of trees blooming in this area, including my Bradford Pear. It started raining here just after noon, slow, soaking rain but over a half inch so far my gauge.

And I'm glad I don't have to work out in it. Took my wife to the doctor yesterday and she got one anti-biotic prescription for a sinus infection. Then after a bad night last night, I gave up and went to see that doctor this morning and got 3 prescriptions.:eek:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #757  
Lots of trees blooming in this area, including my Bradford Pear. It started raining here just after noon, slow, soaking rain but over a half inch so far my gauge.

And I'm glad I don't have to work out in it. Took my wife to the doctor yesterday and she got one anti-biotic prescription for a sinus infection. Then after a bad night last night, I gave up and went to see that doctor this morning and got 3 prescriptions.:eek:

Oh, the wonderful season of sinus infections. I had one the first of Feb.
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
Around an inch and a quarter here so far (1 1/4"):thumbsup:

Most of the B Pears I see here in town are already leafed out!! I don't have any Dogwoods, but allot of Redbuds:D. The rye grass is 2' in some spots, my daughter said "dad, you need some cows" LOL Yeah right!! been there done that.

Will feel like summer next week

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #759  
The woods around here are spotted with white Mexican plum trees in full bloom. It's pretty dramatic since the oaks are still bare. The buds are swelling on the oaks and they will burst out in leaves soon. I'm seeing a few redbud trees in full bloom also. Ready or not, spring is on its way.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
The woods around here are spotted with white Mexican plum trees in full bloom. It's pretty dramatic since the oaks are still bare. The buds are swelling on the oaks and they will burst out in leaves soon. I'm seeing a few redbud trees in full bloom also. Ready or not, spring is on its way.

Forgot about the Plums, they are a nice opposite of the redbud's and look great together,

Jim, I bet our Spring, is a week long event like last year, if it lasted that long. About normal here though I guess. I bought some 2,4-d in a hose end sprayer I'm going to try next week if I get a couple day's of dry. The dandelions and other broad leafs are making up for last year already.