Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #781  
Dang! looks like you could have just dropped your bait in that road!!

Some of you really made out with the water:thumbsup: I think we got more than I had guessed just by looking at all the flooded fields around here.

Brandie, what has all this rain done to you pond color? Last photo I remember it looked almost like you dyed it.

Dennis,
I do dye it with Aqua-Blue. It needs more dye right now, to fight algae. No current photos. Right now it is colored kind of an aqua-olive drab green.
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
Dennis,
I do dye it with Aqua-Blue. It needs more dye right now, to fight algae. No current photos. Right now it is colored kind of an aqua-olive drab green.
hugs, Brandi

OK, that's what I thought. Sounds like now it's about the right color to soak hunting clothes in:D With our Caleche' up here, not sure how dye would work, a bit of wind and they get muddy on the edge.

BTW, On our local news this evening. Green "slime" was coming out of a storm drain, had the Dallas Hazmat, the Feds and every one else out, turned out a local Hospital used a gallon of green dye in a chiller system looking for leaks!!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #783  
Dennis,
hugs, Brandi

Have you broadcast your pick-up load of bentonite clay yet?

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #784  
Have you broadcast your pick-up load of bentonite clay yet?

Ron,
I have been meaning to get my pond thread up to date, but have been busy with a diverter valve for the grapple.
Yes, I put out 17 forty pound bags. It slowed the seep up at the bulkhead. I need to have it overflowing when I am off, so I can do it at "high tide". When I spread it out, the water level was down where that seep stopped.
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #785  
Ron,
I have been meaning to get my pond thread up to date, but have been busy with a diverter valve for the grapple.
Yes, I put out 17 forty pound bags. It slowed the seep up at the bulkhead. I need to have it overflowing when I am off, so I can do it at "high tide". When I spread it out, the water level was down where that seep stopped.
hugs, Brandi

Brandi, I sympathize with your leakage issues. On my overflow culverts, I'm putting them into native soil instead of the excavated/compacted dam. I'm lucky that both pond locations provide convenient points to install culverts. I'd be sweatin' bullets if I had to put a culvert into my dam.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #786  
Anyone who lost all their pond or tank water after drought restocking fish this year. We have added 10lbs of fathead minnows last month and will add another 6lbs very soon. That is about 6000 in total. 50 sunfish and 25 bass go in soon. That should get it going for this year. The tank is about .7 acres and 18' deep now. Anyone have plans to restock and what are going to do?

HS

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #787  
Brandi, I sympathize with your leakage issues. On my overflow culverts, I'm putting them into native soil instead of the excavated/compacted dam. I'm lucky that both pond locations provide convenient points to install culverts. I'd be sweatin' bullets if I had to put a culvert into my dam.
Jim,
It is not leaking about my overflow culvert. I just got home from seeing Sara Evens at Rodeo Austin with my Daughter and her Boyfriend. The pond had been seeping water around the bulkhead down to down about 10-11 inches BELOW overflow. Right now it is about 6 inches down BELOW overflow and not seepage that I can see. So it seems the Bentonite Clay is working.
Oh yeah.........FYI...........Bentonite Clay is the main ingredient in cat litter.
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #788  
Not much to report down here in the valley. Cloudy mornings with light dew. Changing to partly sunny with winds in the upper 20s. Ground is turning to dust again. But the rains in January and February have made every thing very green. Grass/weeds have had to be cut every 2 weeks. Not what I came down here to do. Hope this good weather continues until we leave next month.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #789  
Oh yeah.........FYI...........Bentonite Clay is the main ingredient in cat litter.
hugs, Brandi

So, if I see you pouring kitty litter into your pond, it's not for the catfish litter box, eh?;):laughing:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #790  
I've been on vacation for a week, so I'm not sure when it rained. My rain gauge has excactly 2 inches in it and my small pond is just about full.

Forecast is for rain Mon, Tue, Wed and HEAVY rain on Thursday!!!!

Eddie