Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #71  
Thanks, Dennis. Right now I'm missing my morning coffee.:smiley_aafz: Gotta be there at 9 a.m. and it's not 10 minutes from here.

Yesterday, the NWS was showing a 50% chance of rain today and tonight. This morning that's been changed to a 20% chance. And so far not a drop here either.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #72  
I mowed, edged, and trimmed my yard yesterday. I know that'll be the last time this month because I'm having cataract surgery Tuesday, but I think it should also be the last mowing of the year.

Hope everything goes good. Best thing I ever had done. I have worn glasses since I was 5. My cataracts developed over 1 year, went from 20/20 corrected to 20/200 corrected. Now have 20/20 without glasses thanks to the corrective implants.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #73  
Good luck Bird! Now, you'll have to practice up your best pirate imitation for a couple of days with your eye patch. Arrrr!;)

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
Good luck Bird! Now, you'll have to practice up your best pirate imitation for a couple of days with your eye patch. Arrrr!;)

Jim, I will make him a little wood sword if you make the hat, it would be worth it just to see the his neighbors faces when he's out working in the yard!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #75  
Well, we got'er done. The vision is pretty blurry in the right eye right now. But Jim, they taped a clea plastic shield, instead of a patch, over the eye for me to come hom, but I only wear that at night for a week.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #76  
MUD! I GOT MUD! :thumbsup: Got just 1" in the gauge but I'll take it! Haven't seen this much at one time in months. Too bad it's not gonna last. Could really use 1" a day for several.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #77  
1.75" of rain today and we have water in all ponds again (only about a foot but it's a start)!

Bird, a clear patch just doesn't have a good arrrrgg factor!:D

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #78  
Good new on the eye. Betty got a SS screen like cup for her eyes. Lets fresh air in to heal faster according to her doctor. Like Don said. Does spoil the Pirate look. :D

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #79  
Fortunately, I only have to wear the plastic shield over the eye at night for a week.

Don, glad to hear you folks in the central part of the state got some rain; I know it was sure needed. Most of it missed us this time, but then we had a shower about 7:30 last night that included just a little bit of hai, but I don't think it was enough to do any damage. Anyway, we got almost two-tenths of an inch of rain.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
Bird, sounds like a winner then!! You know Blue Bell Ice cream sure can help ease the "pain":laughing:

Those little showers last night where a nice surprise for some people, we didn't get any, but at least E TX go to see some for a change.

Bird, you may have got "twice" as much rain as you "saw" since your running at 50% till the eye clears up:D