Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
weather has been a bit "muggy", guess i forgot over the last month and a half while in the mountain air:)

Finally got my food plot in. Oats, Austrian winter peas and some crimson clover, never used the crimson, but it was cheap 2#'s for $5. I like the Arrow leaf clover, but no time, not even sure if the plot will do good, but with these temps and some moisture, I should be OK.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #822  
Dennis, welcome back to "God's country." Weren't you supposed to bring some rain?;)

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #823  
I see the forecast for tomorrow is a 20% chance and tomorrow night a 60% chance of rain, so we can hope. I wouldn't even care if it rains on the Texas/OU game tomorrow even if we do have a daughter and son-in-law going to the game.:laughing:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #824  
I see the forecast for tomorrow is a 20% chance and tomorrow night a 60% chance of rain, so we can hope. I wouldn't even care if it rains on the Texas/OU game tomorrow even if we do have a daughter and son-in-law going to the game.:laughing:

We got a downpour here in Kansas about 15 minutes ago. It alerted me to a leak around the triple wall wood stove pipe I put in through the roof a few weeks ago. I thought I had it all sealed up. But guess not. :laughing:

Will have to get up on the roof tomorrow if ain't raining and seal it off. For now it's not too big of a deal as it's letting moisture into the air as it turns into steam.

It's not a heavy drip, but just a slight one. Though I'm really glad for the rain. We still needed some.

Chad

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #825  
Chad, I guess it's good to get that project tested before the really cold weather arrives.:laughing: I see our forecast is a 20% chance of rain after 5 p.m. and 70% chance between 8 p.m. and 2 a.m. tonight, so I'm hoping.

I guess the Texas/OU game should be over by the time the rain starts.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #826  
djb: Do you make pickled banana pepper rings? If you have a empty pickle jar or partially full, you can cut the pepper rings after removing seeds and then let them come to room temperature or warm them under water. Then, put them into the pickle jar (pack it full) and let them sit in the refrigerator for a couple of days. As they chill, they'll draw in the pickling compound and be very good. Use them on sandwiches or salads for a great flavor boost.
We have pickled some (using dill pickling packets), and have also canned some with vinegar and our own spices. I like them both. :)

We have a Food Saver vacuum sealer and have been using a mason jar sealer attachment to seal the jars, and store them long term.

- djb

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
Dennis, welcome back to "God's country." Weren't you supposed to bring some rain?;)

Thanks Brother!, good to be back, if not for a short time.

As far as the rain goes, took a little "negotiating" but it's coming:laughing: If there is any bad weather, not me, I didn't order it, it "came with the meal".:D

With a fresh food plot in, I'm hoping for just an 1/4-1/2" to maintain run-off, we'll see.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #828  
I guess the Texas/OU game should be over by the time the rain starts.

I just turned the game off due to the weather in the Cotton Bowl. It's rainin' all over the Longhorns while the Sooners are goin' on a cake-walk. Sheesh! It reminds me of how Custer must have felt at Little Big Horn. I don't like watching a massacre, so I turned it off when the score was Sooners - 36, Longhorns - 2.:rolleyes:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #829  
I just turned the game off due to the weather in the Cotton Bowl. It's rainin' all over the Longhorns while the Sooners are goin' on a cake-walk. Sheesh! It reminds me of how Custer must have felt at Little Big Horn. I don't like watching a massacre, so I turned it off when the score was Sooners - 36, Longhorns - 2.:rolleyes:

My son-in-law and his sister, who lives in Austin, are Texas fans and are at the game, if they haven't given up and left yet.:laughing: The Texas coach was getting a bit hot under the collar there at the end, wasn't he?:laughing:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #830  
My son-in-law and his sister, who lives in Austin, are Texas fans and are at the game, if they haven't given up and left yet.:laughing: The Texas coach was getting a bit hot under the collar there at the end, wasn't he?:laughing:

The announcers said Mack Brown was taking notes for half-time discussion in the locker room, but I figured he was takin' pizza orders for the bus trip back to Austin.:D