Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #831  
Bird said:
My son-in-law and his sister, who lives in Austin, are Texas fans and are at the game, if they haven't given up and left yet.:laughing: The Texas coach was getting a bit hot under the collar there at the end, wasn't he?:laughing:

That was the longhorns? I thought the Cowboys were just wearing Orange jerseys today.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #832  
That was the longhorns? I thought the Cowboys were just wearing Orange jerseys today.

I'm actually not a football fan, but if I don't have anything else special to do, I occasionally watch a game on TV, and today I watched the Texas/OU massacre. But it was actually pretty entertaining, especially early on when the Longhorns were funnier than, and just about as inept as, the Keystone Kops.:laughing:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #833  
It was downright sad that the longhorn fans were leaving in droves 5 mins BEFORE halftime...sad....Tsk Tsk Tsk.

Maybe it was the smell of fried twinkies that lured them from the game.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #834  
Hey Don,
Are y'all OK, they just had a tornado warning that looked like it was close to you guys???

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #835  
Well I was on the way to Bastrop, I thought it was the end of the rain, but it started raining, blowing and hailing vey hard we could not see, so we turned around two miles out. Our low water crossing was filling up fast but we got across it, but about 1/2 mile down the road a tree had fallen and completely blocked the road, we turn around and the low water crossing was now at 4", we crossed it but was no way we could cross it again to get home. We went the long way around and by the time we got home it was sun shining. The things we do for excitement around here...... During that 20 minute trip we got 1.5" of rain at the house. We did not see a tornado.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
Well, we're about 20 minutes from our "rain" event, if it keeps it's present course. The lightning show for the last 3 plus hours has be amazing. Looks as if Jim and Bird may have already had some rains, the way it's moving, it looks to be one that will drop some heavy amounts even though it doesn't appear to be that wide. Just hope it's only water we get without all the ,hail, tornadoes ect tra.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #837  
Well I was on the way to Bastrop, I thought it was the end of the rain, but it started raining, blowing and hailing vey hard we could not see, so we turned around two miles out. Our low water crossing was filling up fast but we got across it, but about 1/2 mile down the road a tree had fallen and completely blocked the road, we turn around and the low water crossing was now at 4", we crossed it but was no way we could cross it again to get home. We went the long way around and by the time we got home it was sun shining. The things we do for excitement around here...... During that 20 minute trip we got 1.5" of rain at the house. We did not see a tornado.
Glad y'all are safe...water crossings = danger, I don't know how many times you see some idiot try to cross in San Antonio or Austin. Some don't make it out alive, tragically.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #838  
Dennis, I went to bed about 10 p.m. and when I take my hearing aids out, I won't hear the telephone myself, but my wife say's the city's Code Red system called after that to say we were under some kind of severe weather alert. The NWS says Denton got .84" of rain and my gauge had about 1.17". Rain had blown in on the patio, but that's not unusual and I don't see any signs of damage around here.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
That is a good amount Bird! The track of the storm looked like it would "linger" over the area North of me. We got almost 4/10's, if I hadn't of just planted my food plot I would have wanted more, but I think that will be just right to "set" the field. The last 2 years after I planted , we got some heavy rains, so 1/2 my seed ended up at the low end:laughing:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #840  
I thought we were going to get more rain, but the line of storms slipped south of us instead of moving northeasterly across us. We ended up with .33" and I'm really happy for that. We went to dinner in Bowie last night and it rained all during dinner. On the way home, the pavement got dry about a mile north of Sunset. We put on a movie in the basement rec room and didn't even know it had started raining. My wife had opened a French door on our bedroom so the cool air could come in. The floor got a little damp about 1' in front of the door because we didn't know it was raining. There's no real damage done. I'm thrilled with the rain because I put out 100 lb of fertilizer last week and watered it in once. This shower will make sure it gets soaked in good. Dennis and I are in agreement that for seeding or fertilizer, this was the perfect rain storm.:thumbsup: