Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
While watching the news last night to see if they found out any more info on Big Tex, they had some people stranded on a ride also?? May be a great time for all the "older" stuff at the fair to get a good once over.

Good lesson for you "old" guys, don't put electrical boxes in your boots!!:D

While watching the news last night to see if they found out any more info on Big Tex, they had some people stranded on a ride also?? May be a great time for all the "older" stuff at the fair to get a good once over.

Good lesson for you "old" guys, don't put electrical boxes in your boots!!:D

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #863  
Dennis, I see in the Dallas News that the Stratosphere ride had problems in Minnesota, too. I noticed day before yesterday that they had some rides on the Midway that I hadn't seen before, so I offered my wife an opportunity to ride them, but she declined.:laughing:

Dennis, I see in the Dallas News that the Stratosphere ride had problems in Minnesota, too. I noticed day before yesterday that they had some rides on the Midway that I hadn't seen before, so I offered my wife an opportunity to ride them, but she declined.:laughing:

Smart girl too Bird, nothing like going out for the evening and ending up on the 10pm news!!:laughing: Last time I was at the fair was in the late 70's, wasnt much on the crowds then, I can only imagine them now (not to mention the parking mess)

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #865  
Dennis, I haven't been to the State Fair in many years, but the last time I went, I bought a ticket that included both the round-trip Dart Bus fare and admission at the gate. We caught the bus in Las Colinas. When we got there, it was only about 15 minutes until the bus rolled up right on schedule. It took us within 100' of the gate around on the east side along Pennsylvania Ave. When we got ready to leave, we went back to the same area and our bus was sitting there waiting. It was less than 1/3 full, so all the stuff we had didn't bother anyone. My step-son and his girlfriend had several stuffed animals and even a big framed poster. It was more trouble figuring out how to get it back into our car than how to carry it on the bus.:D My experience with using Dart was really positive.

I have not ridden the Dart Train down to the fair, but I had several co-workers who did that a few years ago. They all raved about how easy it was and how nice to not worry if your car was getting vandalized in the parking lot. You can't get around the crowds, especially on weekends, but you can eliminate the driving/parking hassle. I understand Bird's skepticism about using Dart since I also was doubtful until they made a believer out of me. That said, you never know when you'll have a bad experience or meet up offensive behavior on public transportation. Our bus trip was an express Fair bus and the Dart Trains are just the normal trains that make all their stops.

Jim, that sounds like a good, convenient option. When I went last, I dont think "Dart" was even a consideration yet:laughing:

Hey the Cowboys actually won one today!! Whoot.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #868  
I thought the game was very telling. They played a team with a worse record than theirs and barely won. The Jones-boys are in for another typical year of mediocrity and excuses. Every week we hear how they have to work harder and get better. Who want's to bet that the Giants will work harder and get much better and kick some Boyz butts next weekend?

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #869  
jinman said:
I thought the game was very telling. They played a team with a worse record than theirs and barely won. The Jones-boys are in for another typical year of mediocrity and excuses. Every week we hear how they have to work harder and get better. Who want's to bet that the Giants will work harder and get much better and kick some Boyz butts next weekend?

Jerry Jones tells us every year to get ready for the super bowl, when he knows the cowboys aren't even good enough to go to the apple bowl.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #870  
How 'bout them Texans? Go Texans! Woohoo!!!:cool2: