Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
Brandi has a good point!

I wonder if next years practice for the boyz will start off with pads and serious training vs this years 1st week of shorts, golf, light practice. golf the 1st week. Did I mention golf?

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
Actually got a little rain yesterday, 4/10's worth:thumbsup: I hear we have some cool weather coming in by Saturday, got to get some wood split up and ready to go!!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #873  
bindian said:
How 'bout them Texans? Go Texans! Woohoo!!!:cool2:

We used to watch the Texans in the Cotton bowl, I think they're called the chiefs now.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #874  
Actually got a little rain yesterday, 4/10's worth:thumbsup: I hear we have some cool weather coming in by Saturday, got to get some wood split up and ready to go!!

NWS says Denton got .01" of rain. I don't think I got that much, but I did see a few sprinkles.:rolleyes:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #875  
Just like Dennis, I got 0.4". It was WONDERFUL!:cloud9: I was out mowing my ROW and the one across the road from my place. I also mowed part of one neighbor's ROW and a small area between my new ponds and the road. I was just getting ready to start on the pond dam when the wind picked up and some big drops started falling. I high-tailed it back to the house and got inside just in time to miss the first wave right about noon. While watching the rain, I dished up a big bowl of bean soup and a bunch of pickled peppers on the side. Our temperature dropped about 10 degrees and stayed cool the rest of the day.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #877  
bindian said:
:confused2: I was referring to the Houston Texans.
hugs, Brandi

I know I was giving u a hard time. In the 60' s we had a team called the Texans, then they moved to KC

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #878  
I know I was giving u a hard time. In the 60' s we had a team called the Texans, then they moved to KC

We had the Oilers back then.:rolleyes: But back then, all I was involved in was little league baseball.;)
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #879  
Ahh, the Oilers and Earl Campbell, even without ever getting to the Supper Bowl those were the days......

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #880  
Today is harvest day for the sample experimental peanut section in the garden. The few samples that we have picked are varied. The plants are not completely yellow but some are starting to sprout in the shell because of recent rains. These are larger peanuts and not the small spanish kind Lee County was known for. I'll have to watch what seeds I plant next time. I'll take a pic of the harvested crop this afternoon. That is a dry Norther heading this way I hope?

All of the raised beds have sprouted and we are already eating lettuce and broccoli sprouts as we thin them.