Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
I remember when Conroe was just a "stopping point"! and the Woodlands and Kingland where "country":laughing: We moved to Sugerland in 1975 from the NE. I still remember all the Sugar cane fields and the woods ran almost to the South loop!!! Not any more!!!!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #892  
I remember when Conroe was just a "stopping point"! and the Woodlands and Kingland where "country":laughing: We moved to Sugerland in 1975 from the NE. I still remember all the Sugar cane fields and the woods ran almost to the South loop!!! Not any more!!!!

I had a buddy who's mom lived in 1 of the "row" houses built for Pure Cane Sugar factory workers back in '78. I remember when they opened up the southwest freeway all the way past richmond rosenburg around '74 maybe. Man, it saved a bunch of time getting to Houston from Victoria.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #893  

I haven't been down there, but I am told Sugarland is growing faster than The Woodlands.
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #894  
53 degrees and rain this afternoon. That is usually the weather we have in January. Oh wait..........40 and wet is January weather.
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #895  
NWS says it's 36 in Denton this morning and going for 31 tonight.

I have 32.3* on the back porch right now, can see some light frost on the windshields and on the lawn chairs, other than hat it looks like a nice day.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #897  
It was dead on 32.0 F here this morning at 7:30 AM. With a light breeze, I didn't see the frost I'd normally expect. Plants will probably survive this, but tonight's low could be their end if it is in the 20s. My wife's roses have been beautiful, but they might be on their way out.:(

Well, at 5:20am this morning it was 30.3*, sure glad I drained the hoses and the exterior water lines! Have a fire going and coffee on, so maybe that will "earn" me some points with the BOSS this morning:D

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #899  
I haven't been out yet, but the NWS shows Denton at 31, so it may go down another degree before daylight. And yep, I disconnected and drainedall our hoses outside day before yesterday.

7:43am now and as Jim predicted it is now 29*. I see plenty of frost outside too!