Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
We didn't even get a drop of rain yesterday, hardly even a cloud with the cold front?. Nice and cool this morning, but sure could have used some rain, getting pretty dry around here. I did see that a few folks south of the metro-mess got some showers though!!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #912  
Yesterday afternoon, here in the middle of Liberty County, we saw a good lightening show to the west, very dark clouds, and could see it was dropping rain. But all we got was a few sprinkles, only enough to barely register on my weather station (0.01"). :(

Our ponds are low, we need the rain...

- djb

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #913  
My annual Rant.......I hate Daylight Savings time. Twice a year they mess with everybody's body clock and sleep patterns. After years of observation you will notice that everyone is a little grumpy and out of sorts for about a week.

Charlie

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #914  
My annual Rant.......I hate Daylight Savings time. Twice a year they mess with everybody's body clock and sleep patterns. After years of observation you will notice that everyone is a little grumpy and out of sorts for about a week.
Aw, shut up, will ya?!?! :mad:

:D

- djb

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #915  
Wow. Getting a good squall here right now. Winds gusting 25+ MPH, heavy rain, sounds like a little hail.
crazy.gif

Red spots in Liberty County (at 6AM, this radar image will prolly update later):

max_anim.gif

- djb

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #916  

Charlie

I'm not sure if it's Daylight Saving Time or the lack of rain.:laughing: I didn't get a drop of rain yesterday, but did reset 14 clocks. The other 8 are automatic.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
I'm not sure if it's Daylight Saving Time or the lack of rain.:laughing: I didn't get a drop of rain yesterday, but did reset 14 clocks. The other 8 are automatic.

Dang Bird, that's allot of clocks!!!! Get in trouble for being late one time?:laughing:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #918  
Dang! I'm sorry fellows; it's all my fault we didn't get that rain.:( I got my TLB fixed yesterday. I was so happy that I lost my focus and built some terraces to direct water runoff off my roads. If I'd just had any sense and left the roads/trails to wash out, we'd a got a gully washer. The next time they forecast rain, I'll have to wash both cars, the windows in my house, and leave a few windows open in my cabin to guarantee a downpour. Sorry guys; I promise to do better next time.:rolleyes:

Charlie: If you are upset with having to set your clocks back, think about the poor guy who screwed up and set his clocks forward last night.:D . . . No! I did not do that, but a guy I used to work with did. He said he got to church on Sunday morning to find the building locked and nobody was around.:laughing:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #919  
Dang Bird, that's allot of clocks!!!! Get in trouble for being late one time?:laughing:

And the funny thing is that I don't look at hardly any of them until time to change again. At least a couple of them weren't set all; must have been a power outage sometime.:laughing: Incidentally, the only alarm clock we have doesn't work anymore. I know because I got the manual out and tried to set it once a little over a year ago, and it didn't work.:laughing:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #920  
I loaned my Mantis to a son-in-law awhile back and he returned it a week ago yesterday. So today I finally got around to dethatching our yard, put the bagger on the mower, and bagged 5 contractor bags of grass clippings and dust. It was almost as bad as a west Texas dust storm. So I applied some Scotts Turf Builder and have the sprinklers going front and back.