Grinding Grain for Animal Feed

/ Grinding Grain for Animal Feed
I've thought of a hammermill. That way I could use the tractor, but I'm not sure that the PTO power of my tractor is up to it or not. I have a NH TC29 which puts out about 25 PTO HP I think. I've never actually seen a hammermill. My area which is the Ga. mountains isn't a big grain growing region and the 2 tractor dealers in the area don't stock them nor have any used ones on the lot.

So bringing this thread in the tractor direction can a compact tractor in the 25 PTO HP range run a hammermill and what are some brand names of hammermills to help in internet searchs.

Since I'm on the tractor subject it would be nice if Tractorbynet had a photo/dictionary section where different tractor equipment was posted so that a person could go look up say a hammermill, see a picture/description with a list of brandnames, how its used and maybe some history. That might save the every month questions on say what is a middlebuster etc. Just a thought

Mike

/ Grinding Grain for Animal Feed
Sorry I wasn't clear, when I said that I've never actually seen a hammermill I meant in person and in use. I like to touch and feel my stuff prior to purchase, more so when its a mult-hundred dollar purchase. And while I may someday get up to the volumes of feed where I need a hammermill type shredder I think I found what I'm looking for in my original thread I just need to found out where to buy it.

Mike

/ Grinding Grain for Animal Feed #15  
Howdy Mike ,just to let you know there is a"Case" hammermill on Ebay right now, up in Tenn. Might be close enough for you to go look at. Tobync

/ Grinding Grain for Animal Feed #16  
holy ancient tread reveal batman!