My Wife Picked Out This Sorry Log Splitter

/ My Wife Picked Out This Sorry Log Splitter #21  
Actually, I think your wife picked an excellent splitter...but like all tools...wear and tear tires them out eventually...

Will Obed's wifey throw away the old, warn out log splitter and get a newer, younger, more powerful model? :D

Later,
Dan

/ My Wife Picked Out This Sorry Log Splitter #22  
Will Obed's wifey throw away the old, warn out log splitter and get a newer, younger, more powerful model? :D

Later,
Dan

Hmmmmmmmmmm...

/ My Wife Picked Out This Sorry Log Splitter #23  
+100.

Because I wanted too, :D, I went and split about two weeks of firewood by hand. Took about an hour. I can split firewood faster with the maul than I can with the hydraulic splitter. The problem is that after, at most two hours, with the maul, I am finished. :laughing: I can last 6-8 hours with the hydraulic wood splitter. :D 6-8 hours gives me a cord.

Later,
Dan
6-8 hrs for a cord? You must be enjoying the time. While I have no problem with that, I don't think it is a representative time for a splitter operator. If it took me more than 1-2 hrs, it would be because I was taking it easy, and I'm not real fast. I do have a Superspliter, which is darn fast, but the limit is the person feeding it with these things.

Now if you need to stop and block up wood or spend a lot of time moving stuff around, then sure, you can add up a lot more time per cord.

/ My Wife Picked Out This Sorry Log Splitter #24  
6-8 hrs for a cord?...

Now if you need to stop and block up wood or spend a lot of time moving stuff around, then sure, you can add up a lot more time per cord.

6-8 hours includes stacking the firewood. I cut the logs near the splitter so moving the rounds to the splitter is easy. Stacking is a PITA. :laughing: Stacking is what makes my back sore. :eek: Splitting is fast and easy.

Later,
Dan

/ My Wife Picked Out This Sorry Log Splitter #25  
See you use both hands and arms at one time to chop wood with a maul,and gloves give me a break. :D
Ain't no wonder she put you out in the yard ! :laughing: ;)

Boone

/ My Wife Picked Out This Sorry Log Splitter #26  
Oh - that splitter needs no gas, oil and only a wink and a smile to start....I think your wife is on to something...LOL
When the time comes for the scheduled 100 hour lubrication for the splitter, perhaps an injection of "Cortisone" may be necessary?:D

/ My Wife Picked Out This Sorry Log Splitter #27  
Just remember the old expresion than wood heats you more than once -- when you cut it, when you split it, when you stack it, when you move it and when you finally burn it!! :p:p
With all this talk about the wife trading in the old logsplitter for a new one I am reminded what an old friend of mine used to say -- never do things like split wood really well -- you will just get asked you to do it again:thumbsup:

/ My Wife Picked Out This Sorry Log Splitter
The wife did make the comment that some of the split pieces of firewood were kind of big.

/ My Wife Picked Out This Sorry Log Splitter #30  
I can say I have done my fair share of splitting wood manually. I also have to say buying a log splitter was one of the best investments I have ever made. I vote for getting the hydraulic splitter, takes me about 1-2 hours a cord for wet Douglas fir. But I do have the fuel expense of $1 an hour + wear on the machine. :eek:

Attachments

• 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    910 KB · Views: 125
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    905.9 KB · Views: 107
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    921.6 KB · Views: 126