My Wife Picked Out This Sorry Log Splitter

/ My Wife Picked Out This Sorry Log Splitter #1  

Obed

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deere 4210 FEL BH
We tried out this log splitter yesterday. It was much too slow. It was a terrible choice. And the durability is questionable. I doubt it would split more than a few cords of wood without completely dying. I'm trying to convince my wife to let us get a good one. You can see pictures of the splitter here.

/ My Wife Picked Out This Sorry Log Splitter #2  
Looks like the splitter is fine. The engine driving it will probably wear out way before the actual splitter does.:laughing::laughing:

/ My Wife Picked Out This Sorry Log Splitter #4  
Just can't have nice things, or hire good help!!!!!

/ My Wife Picked Out This Sorry Log Splitter #5  
Been spending too much time in the house have you??:thumbsup::thumbsup:

/ My Wife Picked Out This Sorry Log Splitter #6  
when its cold out side and your sitting by the fire and think how you earned the right to enjoy it tell your wife to get her own blanket jus kidding but you do need a splitter.

/ My Wife Picked Out This Sorry Log Splitter #7  
Here's a link to my favourite splitter:

Fiskars X27

I progressed through the manufacturer's, "splitting axe", "X25" to the "X27". It seemed like a low-tech version of the scam computer companies use to release updated devices after everyone has the previous model.:(

But seriously, these axes are far more effective than mauls and regular axes (at least for the 20" and under pine, fir and birch I cut).

I use my electric splitter for knotty, gnarly, etc, logs; but the Fiskars axes do the vast majority of the splitting. Perhaps your wife is more knowledgeable than you realise. I advise lobbying for an X27. :D

/ My Wife Picked Out This Sorry Log Splitter #8  
You look young enough, it will make you stronger, just don't hit yourself in the foot :eek:

Typically you would put those rounds on a short stout round for a solid base, as is you are loosing much of your energy into the soft ground.

JB

/ My Wife Picked Out This Sorry Log Splitter #9  
Hmmmm...just looked at your profile Obed and realise you may have a subconscious resistance to Fiskars. Don't worry, it won't contaminate the green.:)

/ My Wife Picked Out This Sorry Log Splitter #10  
Just be careful she might want to trade for a newer Model. :shocked: