Rossi Circuit Judge

/ Rossi Circuit Judge #1  

Brake Weight

Silver Member
Tractor
Yan Mar YM2000
Anybody got experience with it? It's a rifle style version of The Judge 410/45 pistol. It's kind of limited to small game, but the thoughts of having a wheel gun rifle/shotgun are getting to me. The 45 colt numbers are too great and the 410 slug numbers are a little better. But as a squirrel, rabbit, bird gun-it's pretty appealing. They make a 44 mag version that seems like it'd be a deer dropper.

I was thinking of getting one and give my 8 year old a chance to use it for whatever we feel like going after day to day since it is fairly versatile. I have a .223/20 gauge single shot combo set back, but this has more 'cool' factor than that.

/ Rossi Circuit Judge #2  
I wouldn't want to have my hand, arm or face near the front of the cylinder when it's fired.

Unless it lines up PERFECTLY every time, it's going to spit lead and flame out the gap.

Safety comes before "cool"

/ Rossi Circuit Judge #3  
Taurus designed deflector shields to prevent spitting onto one arms. Now if one is careless enough to have their face near the gap, then yeah. might be an issue, same as almost any revolver.

/ Rossi Circuit Judge #4  
We've owned one for almost a year now. Won it at our NWTF banquet. Its a very comfortable gun to hold and shoulder but I've never had a chance to actually use it.

/ Rossi Circuit Judge #5  
You know why Rossi named it the Circuit Judge ?
Because it can be bought. :)

Rossi USA

Boone

/ Rossi Circuit Judge
Firearm safety is very important with all ages. Especially with youth.

And some guns are indeed 'cooler' than others.

/ Rossi Circuit Judge #7  
I wouldn't want to have my hand, arm or face near the front of the cylinder when it's fired.

Unless it lines up PERFECTLY every time, it's going to spit lead and flame out the gap.

Safety comes before "cool"

I'm with you on that. As you may know, the early revolving rifles were black powder, cap and ball; presumably an early attempt at a repeating rifle. Unfortunately, blow-by often set off an adjoining chamber and the shooter, often as not, lost an arm.

Since the Rossi has a rifled barrel, I'm wondering what happens to the barrel after shooting 410 birdshot? With today's mentality for gun liability, I'm sure Rossi has taken measures to insure their safety, but other than a novelty, I don't think I would want one. Give me a good old lever action.

/ Rossi Circuit Judge #8  
Why would birdshot hurt the barrel? It is contained in a plastic cup until it leaves the barrel.....in fact they even include an insert that screws in like a choke to stop the rotation of the plastic cup/shot column so it doesn't spread out too much.

/ Rossi Circuit Judge #9  
Why would birdshot hurt the barrel? It is contained in a plastic cup until it leaves the barrel.....in fact they even include an insert that screws in like a choke to stop the rotation of the plastic cup/shot column so it doesn't spread out too much.

It was just a question, not a challenge. Even though shotshells are designed to be fired in a smooth bore, you're probably right, probably wouldn't hurt a thing. Guess my thoughts were a throwback to the time when shooting ratshot in a .22 rifle was credited with leading up the barrel.

/ Rossi Circuit Judge
I didn't realize that they only come in a rifled bore in the states. Each time I google it, I find something new. I haven't seen a full blown rifle barrel 410 slug yet. I have a barrel for my 870 12g and it's a beast...at about $4 a shell.