Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4400

Default Re: anyone here young enough to remember Mario Bro?

We have the original Nintendo game player and 14 original games sitting in the spare bedroom closet. I used to play those games whenever I had the time. Does anyone remember Donkey Kong or Galaga? Reviewing this thread helps me relive pleasant memories.
    The PUPIL who does not surpass his Master, fails his Master.

Tractor
    FarmTrac 300DTC

This guy never played Mario Kart.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails anyone here young enough to remember Mario Bro?-20051223114212_kill3.jpg  
    AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Farmtrac 300DTC w/FEL, BB, 5' RC, 6' rake, bucket grapple & forks,
    20+5 GN deckover, 09' Dodge 2500 4X4

Tractor
    yanmar YM-1700

Quote Originally Posted by firedog View Post
    No but when looking close enough its looks like he had been playing
    Donkey-Kong, is that a Banana peel

Tractor
    FarmTrac 300DTC

Quote Originally Posted by deepNdirt View Post
    No but when looking close enough its looks like he had been playing
    Donkey-Kong, is that a Banana peel
    DK was one of the characters on Mario Kart racing. Always throwing out banana peels for you to slip and crash on.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails anyone here young enough to remember Mario Bro?-20051223114116_kill2.jpg  
    AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Tractor
    Jinma 284

DK was one of the characters on Mario Kart racing. Always throwing out banana peels for you to slip and crash on.
    actually DK was the star of the coin op video game and "Mario" was the player 1 player. he was not the "Star Booking" on the side of the machine. I remember back in the day a lot of video games we were in the arcades all time. lots of classics were first run games for me...

tank commander, sub commander, tron, space invaders, tempest, Defender, Dig Dug, pacman & Mrs packman, galaga, donkey kong, Joust, duck hunt ect... few others I cant remember the names of them at the moment that were all arcade games by Atari prior to becoming tv game console games. Donkey Kong became Mario Brothers I remember Pong and Atari 2600 (Have 2 of them now Atari 2600s w games old left overs and yard sale scores.) I dont own any of the new console games though...

mark
    I may remember why I went to the other end of the shop, I'm just afraid once I get there I'll forget how to get back!

Tractor
    FarmTrac 300DTC

Quote Originally Posted by SPIKER View Post
    actually DK was the star of the coin op video game and "Mario" was the player 1 player. he was not the "Star Booking" on the side of the machine. I remember back in the day a lot of video games we were in the arcades all time. lots of classics were first run games for me...

tank commander, sub commander, tron, space invaders, tempest, Defender, Dig Dug, pacman & Mrs packman, galaga, donkey kong, Joust, duck hunt ect... few others I cant remember the names of them at the moment that were all arcade games by Atari prior to becoming tv game console games. Donkey Kong became Mario Brothers I remember Pong and Atari 2600 (Have 2 of them now Atari 2600s w games old left overs and yard sale scores.) I dont own any of the new console games though...

mark
    Most of those hit the arcades after I left. What I remember was pinball machines.
    I was thinking of the Mario that came out on the TV game consoles: Nintendo, Super Nintendo that my kids played.
    AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Tractor
    Kubota l245dt, l3540, 8N

Quote Originally Posted by johnk View Post
    Was the on the atari or the C64???
    During thanksgiving I was up in the attic looking for something the daughter wanted and we still have our old atari! Never had a c64.
    "keep them pots black, shiny, and full of good Food and Fellowship!"
    Moore Cookie

Tractor
    yanmar YM-1700

There was a game came out some time in the late 80's Called (Altered beast)
    the game machines were alway set up outside the breezeway of retail stores, I couldn't Begin to tell you at quarters I give my Son to play that game, he was determined to beat it, of course at my expense, then after about 6 months the game came out for the SEGA game console that he had at that time, so I saved myself some money and bought him that game,However that particular game would require another component used as an adapter in order to play this game. I think the gadget was called a Gennie or something,

The graphics of this game interest me so i watch over his shoulder as he played, and of course have to contribute my opinions of what i thought he should do, Until He hand me the controls and said to try it out, not as easy as it looks, I remember a few times yanking the cord out from the console while trying to maneuver the thing, I'm sure this never happen to you, heh heh
    Our son being the only child he pretty much had any new game console hit the market, as well as the games that went with them, I sure wish I had all that $$$ spent back, You would be surprized how much money can be invest into these things I could have owned me a much larger and nicer tractor by now,

I think we have some of the older game units he had, The all time favorite of them I would say the first Xbox or PS-1 ...... they have available the old nostalgic games bundled for them, with 50+ games in just one disc, The grandchildren can halfway play the older games, Unlike the newer ones

Tractor
    Jinma 284

Most of those hit the arcades after I left. What I remember was pinball machines.
    I was thinking of the Mario that came out on the TV game consoles: Nintendo, Super Nintendo that my kids played.
    My Brother & I played was Pinball prior to the arcade games and continued playing them as the arcade games grew. The local truck stop had 10 pinball games at time we were on road (him driving) and by time I was driving over maybe 2 years it was 9 arcade games and a single pinball game... We didnt have an Atari until a year or two after they had been replaced and scored a 25 buck ward sale used unit. We also got a PONG the same way though my sister did buy a PONG when they were on clearance when the 2600 was already moving in the stores and taking away all the shelf space.

My old Atari 2600 didnt work the last time I plugged it in after it sat in a storage shed for a decade maybe one day I'll pop top off and clean up all the contacts and repaid the tv adapter (it worked but was really fuzzy on old TV that was also setting in the shed.) could have been the TV lol...

Mark
    I may remember why I went to the other end of the shop, I'm just afraid once I get there I'll forget how to get back!

Tractor
    Bolens G192/TS1910 Ford/New Holland 1920

That's gonna leave a mark........

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12