Which Jeans do you use?

/ Which Jeans do you use? #1  

MossflowerWoods

Tractor
Kioti DK50SE HST w/FEL, Gravely 60" ZTR Mower. Stihl MS290 (selling), CS261, & FS190 + Echo CS400 & 2010 F-350 6.4 PSD snowplow truck
I've been a lifelong Levi's guy, but they abandoned me when the stopped making jeans that fit (560's) and got all "fashionista".

I've recently started wearing Wrangler's and they seem to hold up well. Sliding down the asphalt at ~20mph I only got 2 holes in a brand new pair a month ago.

But it gets more complex. I have daughters. They REALLY want to work on many of these projects with me (and that is a blessing and I want to work with them also).

But girls jeans are a JOKE! they are sparkly spandex and would not last a single day in the field!

Even I am discovering that my jeans are taking a beating now that I am REALLY working them. they are getting cut, greasy, and often I look like Mike Rowe on Dirty Jobs.

So I have really two questions.

#1 - Who makes REAL WORK jeans that will hold up to this?

and

#2 - Who makes real Jeans for GIRLS! (as an aside, can anyone tell me if boys size 14 is the same as girls size 14?)

The high for this weekend is going to be 45. the ground is wet, wet, wet. My daughters are chomping at the bit to get working on the horse fence. They need appropriate clothing for WORKING.

Thanks in advance,
David

/ Which Jeans do you use? #2  
The "good" Carhartt's are hard to beat if you don't mind the stiffness for a while. As for the girls, may I suggest some chaps such as Filson or maybe even their double-tin pants in a large size to wear over existing pants. Filson's chaps or pants will allow them to put a knee down on wet ground and not get wet. Another thought maybe available locally to you would be chainsaw chaps. I don't think you'll find anything that fits a girl as they would want that will hold up in a work environment.

/ Which Jeans do you use? #3  
I haven't worn jeans in years now. Hate the fit. Not enough pockets, and they don't hold up. Use to be a Levi man. Now all I wear are carharts. My wife calls it my uniform, carharts, black tshirt and my leather Ecco boots.

If you try a pair you will never go back. As far as pants for your girls I'm not sure about that. I think they make them. Just check their website. Good luck to you!

/ Which Jeans do you use? #4  
Try bib overalls.

/ Which Jeans do you use? #5  
I am only comfortable in a jean that is high waisted (fits at the waist, not on the hips). Carhart is about the only one that fits the bill. They wear very well, and I believe they have womens jeans also.

/ Which Jeans do you use? #6  
I can not really advise you on what is the best brand of jeans to wear. But based on the material that all jeans are made of Cotton the fibers will break down.
Now on having daughters work on the property is another interesting subject. I have 4 daughters and most them have moved out by now.
I have found getting daughters to WORK is like herding CATS, you have to go with the flow not against the flow.
We already have a few inches of snow on the ground.

Craig Clayton

/ Which Jeans do you use?
Try bib overalls.

Blue,

I do have a real pair of OshKosh Bib-o's and they are a hoot to wear, but they have floppy baggy legs, the denim is not that thick, and I need a place to keep my crackberry...

They are good for many things though.

David

The "good" Carhartt's are hard to beat if you don't mind the stiffness for a while. As for the girls, may I suggest some chaps such as Filson or maybe even their double-tin pants in a large size to wear over existing pants. Filson's chaps or pants will allow them to put a knee down on wet ground and not get wet. Another thought maybe available locally to you would be chainsaw chaps. I don't think you'll find anything that fits a girl as they would want that will hold up in a work environment.

Heck I have not found chainsaw chaps for ME yet!

I'm going to just go buy them from my Stihl dealer I think...

David

The "good" Carhartt's are hard to beat if you don't mind the stiffness for a while.

Use to be a Levi man. Now all I wear are carharts. My wife calls it my uniform, carharts, black tshirt and my leather Ecco boots.

Carhart is about the only one that fits the bill. They wear very well, and I believe they have womens jeans also.

I think I saw them at TSC..

Where is the best place to buy them?

Thanks,
David