Coyotes - too close?

/ Coyotes - too close? #41  
We have coyotes too but right now have not had any problems. Llama's will kill them but most people around here that raise horses in pastures (babies) will have a donkey or 2 instead. Llama's will test fences & get out much more often than a donkey. And, most donkey's around me are free, much better price than even a $200 llama.

/ Coyotes - too close? #42  
We usually shoot any coyote on our property. 2 springs ago we lost 2 calves to coyotes on the same night. They usually kill the calf while the mother cow is in full labor and thus she can't defend her calf. Over the years we have lost many barn cats to them. If everyone would pitch in and do the neighborly thing coyote populations wouldn't be so high. It takes most folks a while to figure out they aren't the "cute little dogs" that they think they are.

/ Coyotes - too close? #44  
After seeing the pictures of that mangy coyote ignoring you. I get the feeling you are going to regret not taking him when you had the chance. It's not like they are protected or there won't be more.
Just sayin:D

/ Coyotes - too close?
The neighbor behind me, across the canyon, is out there shooting all hours of the day and night. I assume he will eventually take down this casual coyote.

50225d1138664850-beginning-demise-my-neighborhood-815705-dscn4573rnewvinyardetc.jpg

And my neighbors on my side of the ravine will likely call animal control if they are worried about their chickens and pets.

What I was wondering was if I have an immediate problem. Coyotes are a new experience that I haven't encountered before.
I don't have pets or livestock here, just apple trees. So after reading these replies, as long as the coyotes keep eating gophers and avoid us I don't think I'll do anything.