Big Public Auction coming up in VT.

/ Big Public Auction coming up in VT. #1  

Mark_in_NH

Veteran Member
Tractor
New Holland TC35D w/ 16LA FEL
In my fathers mail today was a flyer for a big public auction being held on April 26, at 9:00 AM. It is on Route 78 West in Swanton, Vermont.
I count upwards of 50 tractors, skid steer loaders etc.
The list of equipment, attachment, implements, tires, trailers, trucks etc. etc. is never ending.
The auction co. is Rene J. Fournier Farm Equipment Co.
802-868-4050 or 868-3057
Swanton is Way up north, near the Canadian border, WAY to far for me to travel. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Big Public Auction coming up in VT. #2  
The dealers in this area have these kind of sales. Most of the stuff stays put. bcs

/ Big Public Auction coming up in VT.
According to their flyer, Swanton is approx. 150 miles from Concord NH which is south of me. So I am estimating that it would be about a 100 / 110 mile trip each way for me.
I guess it's not really that far if I truly wanted to go.

/ Big Public Auction coming up in VT. #4  
I've been to that auction a few times. Like any auction, there are usually some good deals to be had, and also some not so good. It is generally well attended, so if you plan to attend, get there plenty early. Parking is a problem. Last year I had to walk nearly a mile to get to the dealership.

Corm

/ Big Public Auction coming up in VT. #5  
I went to the auction of the mobile home plant that i worked for that went under and the loccal auctioneer had a 10% buyers fee with the 7% sales tax added, he also had his sons run up the price and Like a pallet of cylinders i bid up to 175 dollars for his son inlaw beside me bid 150 then he sold it to his sone in law when i had the larger bid. The next day the auctioneer tried to sell me the cylinders at new cost. Then they got some folks hyped up and all the chinese saws they had from the import store sold for what new dewalt stuff sells for. I laeft with 2 welders and a huge 3phase dewalt compound mitersaw for the shop. Dad and i run the companies landfill i was laid off but dad still maintains it. He was up there and noticed during the week the auctioneer thats a also a preachers was gettin chains from the tool room and hiding them in a cabinet and in a storm grate. after he got a nice pile gathered up dad had rented my dumptruck for final clean up, he gathered all the chains up in a wad and loaded them in the trucck i think i got my 17 percent back lol. I couldnt let a preacher steal lol.
I love auctions with a good auctioneer but some around here arent very good because of the buddy system this is the last auction im attending of this auctioneers. Some folks that go to big auctions are just in the way. I have a freind that runs an auction company that has a rule if you dont have a number you have to stay outside a big rope barrier around the lot being auctioned. I go to the big auction at Philedelphia mississippi every year to inspect a few machines freinds buy. Its a good auction very professional every thing from small tools to large haul trucks and scrapers.

/ Big Public Auction coming up in VT.
Having shill's in the audience to run the bids up /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif, in most states is VERY illegal. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ Big Public Auction coming up in VT. #7  
THis fella gtten away with it alot i have a friend that attends all his auctions and signs in with a bogus name and address he knows his shills and runs the bids way up there then theyve got mass consuion after he leaves. This last sale was advertised 10percent buyers fee everyone else that auctioneers has a ten percent buyers fee but thats 3% buyers and then the 7% tax added not like i mentioned above with 10 % buyers fee then sales tax. Dad was helping load and move lift trucks that sold they made us wait out side for 3 hours letting others load dad went in and was loading, when the auctioneer was letting others come in on there 2nd or thrrd trip in dad made them wait and let the rest of us in. THeres alot os difference between a big auction and these little Half a#sed ones here. Dad says hes still waddleingaround looking for the chains he hid.

/ Big Public Auction coming up in VT. #8  
This auction is about 40 minute drive away. To bad I can never make it. It always comes on the Saturday when everyone else (but me /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif) is on vacation. I heard they sell a ton of stuff that ranges form implements to tractors to trailer etc.

<font color="blue"> (Having shill's in the audience to run the bids up , in most states is VERY illegal.) </font>

I've heard rumors about this happening here often. But have never been to see for myself. On the other hand I know people who have bought stuff and gotten a good deal.