Mud, lots. Post your stuck in the mud pics!

/ Mud, lots. Post your stuck in the mud pics! #1  

Sasquatch4100

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 4100 with 410 loader
We got 3 inches of rain in a few days last week. It's been muddy. I didn't think it was that muddy. I've been crossing from the drive to this field for a little while in different areas. Guess I picked the wrong place this time.:thumbdown:

Attachments

• stuck in the mud.jpg
    stuck in the mud.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 5,357
  • IMG_1318.JPG
    IMG_1318.JPG
    173.2 KB · Views: 17,327
  • IMG_1320.JPG
    IMG_1320.JPG
    194.7 KB · Views: 2,183
   / Mud, lots. Post your stuck in the mud pics! #2  
Sorry no pictures...

I have had my little BX23 so packed with mud it wouldn't move... took hours to get all the much out.

If much sticks to the tires... I drive it right back into the barn...

/ Mud, lots. Post your stuck in the mud pics! #3  
Sometimes it just reaches a saturation point where the bottom falls out. Couple years ago I was moving a trailer and stuck this in the yard. It was in May, thought things had firmed up enough. Not in this spot, was fun getting it out.
100_0058.jpg

/ Mud, lots. Post your stuck in the mud pics!
Oh that looks like fun!

A recent trend I've seen with lift trucks is the addition of bobcat style tires replacing the drive tires. Not sure of the weight ratings. You can't do it with the steer tires in most cases.

Something to think of. If you want to tinker. Your lawn may thank you.

Stay dry!

/ Mud, lots. Post your stuck in the mud pics! #5  
Mud.jpg

mud2.jpg

And about the a year later IIRC, the same spot got me again

stuck2.jpg

/ Mud, lots. Post your stuck in the mud pics! #6  
I wish I had some pictures for ya, to busy getting unstuck :) I have had my old jinma{tractor} stuck to where muck was over the floor. I've had my dozer stuck the same and broke an axle, that was a real joy to get out. Digging/dredging ponds can really get into some hairy issue's. Years back I also stuck a dozer and broke my foot doing something stupid try to get it out{in a hurry}.

/ Mud, lots. Post your stuck in the mud pics! #7  
I wish! It has been so dry here, we are still carrying our wildland gear on the fire engine... I forgot what mud looks like...

/ Mud, lots. Post your stuck in the mud pics! #8  
No pix, but a not so fond memory. . .
I got my Land Rover (key word here is LAND!) stuck in the mud behind the Philadelphia airport.
We went to find a tow truck, and returned to learn that there is indeed a tide in the Delaware river. Roof of vehicle was peeking out of the six feet deep water.
This was in 1967, and my wife still never tires of telling people about it.:laughing:

/ Mud, lots. Post your stuck in the mud pics! #9  
Back in 1968 we were just getting telephone service and they were burying the line with a D6 that had a direct bury rudder-plow like attachment on back that did it all in one operation. I was ten years old when this was going on, and since it was during summer vacation I spent a lot of time with the crews, even helping to flag traffic when they had to walk the cat across the highway. Things went ok until they had to cross a creek at the east end of the place.
stuckcat001.jpg

stuckcat002.jpg

Took the better part of a day before they could round up something heavy enough to help out, a KW with a self-loader that was able to pull it upright while they backed it out.

/ Mud, lots. Post your stuck in the mud pics! #10  
I found some mud and used the winch on the truck to pull it out after I could not get out with the bucket and hoe.

212850d1305516775-i-got-stuck-001.jpg

212851d1305516775-i-got-stuck-003.jpg

212852d1305516775-i-got-stuck-006.jpg