House of Horrors, oops, HOARDERS

/ House of Horrors, oops, HOARDERS #1  

JDgreen227

Tractor
4210 MFWD Ehydro--'89 JD 318
Yesterday my brother and I went to look at a supposedly vacant 1898 built house that is for sale, it has a 3 acre lot, sellers are highly motivated. First and second floor living areas are reasonably unclutterd but the attic and basement are so jammed with stuff one has to watch so they don't trip. Attic is packed with old clothing, papers, toys, whatnot of all kinds, basement has stuff that must be from the 1950's or older, it would take me a solid month just to move all the debris out of the place then another to sort it out and junk or scrap it. I have never seen anything like this before. One pic shows house, two are the former owners basement workbench, and the last is maybe a percent of what is crammed into the attic.

How can people live like this??? Oops, one pic is of an old washing machine, not a workbench pic. No electricity there. Place is full of asbestos, mold, lead paint, no wonder nobody wants to buy it.

Attachments

• 044.jpg
    044.jpg
    604.3 KB · Views: 495
  • 031.jpg
    031.jpg
    333 KB · Views: 588
  • 041.jpg
    041.jpg
    331 KB · Views: 559
  • 040.jpg
    040.jpg
    380.6 KB · Views: 492
   / House of Horrors, oops, HOARDERS #3  
It doesn't look that bad.

Isn't that what attics and basements are for?

/ House of Horrors, oops, HOARDERS
It doesn't look that bad.

Isn't that what attics and basements are for?

I can see keeping stuff that is useful, BUT, who needs mouse shredded 1965 issues of Farm Journal magazine (attic) or 1975 vintage canned veggies?

Attachments

• 037.jpg
    037.jpg
    329.9 KB · Views: 387
   / House of Horrors, oops, HOARDERS #5  
I can see keeping stuff that is useful, BUT, who needs mouse shredded 1965 issues of Farm Journal magazine (attic) or 1975 vintage canned veggies?

Canned veggies never go bad.

ps They are not that old.

To each their own JD. I think having pets in the house is disgusting. Especially multiple.

/ House of Horrors, oops, HOARDERS #6  
Hiya

Think of it this way;
1. the more crap the less the amount the place is worth as you have to get rid of it - tell the agent that,
2. the more the crap the less other buyers there will be = less competition to push up the price,
3. it's like a lottery - if you buy the place then you get all this stuff and among it may be a few gems, a forgotten painting by Grant DeVolson Wood, a trunk full of silver dimes etc :)

Mike

/ House of Horrors, oops, HOARDERS
Hiya

Think of it this way;
1. the more crap the less the amount the place is worth as you have to get rid of it - tell the agent that,
2. the more the crap the less other buyers there will be = less competition to push up the price,
3. it's like a lottery - if you buy the place then you get all this stuff and among it may be a few gems, a forgotten painting by Grant DeVolson Wood, a trunk full of silver dimes etc :)

Mike

Wrote them an offer of 55 grand which was asking price...the lot is worth 35 grand in itself, super area and privacy with a pond. We will see....

/ House of Horrors, oops, HOARDERS #8  
If you wrote a offer for the asking price, you are probably gonna own it. :) Just think, all that crap will soon be all yours!!!

/ House of Horrors, oops, HOARDERS #9  
I wouldn't be able to step foot in there! If one book sticks out 1CM on my book shelf I have to go and sort it. Perfection is the only way for me, or near perfection at least - That is far from my comfort zone! :eek:

You didn't happen to see any Vacuum Cleaners down there though, did you ?

/ House of Horrors, oops, HOARDERS #10  
Wrote them an offer of 55 grand which was asking price...the lot is worth 35 grand in itself, super area and privacy with a pond. We will see....
So you are thinking of moving in there are you ?