Smokin... behind the Wood Pile...

/ Smokin... behind the Wood Pile... #1  

scott_vt

Tractor
1986 MF 1040, 1942 Farmall A, 1949 Farmall Super A
Good Afternoon Guys,
Im in need of some smoked pork ribs... :D

Im tryin to beat the January blues... :licking:

So Im splitting my not too great poplar by hand and keeping my smokerr some company today ! ;)

Future installments to come..... :)

BTW, this thread has absolutely no " real " knowledgeable content whatsoever, those looking for knowledge need to lok elsewhere,,, but I might just tweak your appetite ! :D

Attachments

• sbwp.jpg
    sbwp.jpg
    926.1 KB · Views: 203
  • sbwp1.jpg
    sbwp1.jpg
    609.8 KB · Views: 212
  • sbwp2.jpg
    sbwp2.jpg
    786.3 KB · Views: 177
   / Smokin... behind the Wood Pile... #2  
It seems that you are going to have some good eating this evening. Supplement those ribs with some baked potatoes and roasted corn on the cob, and you will enjoy a feast "Fit for a King". :thumbsup:

/ Smokin... behind the Wood Pile... #3  
Hot diggity I'll be right over!!!

/ Smokin... behind the Wood Pile...
It seems that you are going to have some good eating this evening. Supplement those ribs with some baked potatoes and roasted corn on the cob, and you will enjoy a feast "Fit for a King". :thumbsup:

Good Afternoon creekbend,
Absolutely !!! :)

OK, I regress, some knowledge is allways appropriate, we are using Mr Washida marinate with some garlic, hickory infused charcoal briquits, and larger hickory chips presoaked.... so I now have fullfilled the knowledge requirement ! ;)

/ Smokin... behind the Wood Pile... #5  
You certainly picked a good day to smoke some pork - 43* here in NH - must be 40 or so in VT?

Makes me want to go get a pork butt and do one too! Love the smell as they cook too.

Another 4-5 hours and you will be in hog heaven!

Carl

Makes me want to go get a pork butt and do one too! Love the smell as they cook too.

Another 4-5 hours and you will be in hog heaven!

Carl

Good Afternoon Carl,
OK some more knowledge ! :(

Rule #1 Never split wood down wind of smoker with ribs ! :licking::D

/ Smokin... behind the Wood Pile... #7  
After reading the title I was a little concerned about what was being smoked since you had to hide behind the woodpile to do it.:shocked:

Now I'm hungry and it aint from the munchies. Looks tasty.:thumbsup:

/ Smokin... behind the Wood Pile... #8  
Where have I been? Did you get a new smoker, Scotty? It looks like a nice one.:thumbsup:

After reading the title I was a little concerned about what was being smoked since you had to hide behind the woodpile to do it.:shocked:

Now I'm hungry and it aint from the munchies. Looks tasty.:thumbsup:

Good Afternoon rasimmo,
OK heres the first installment ! :)

My Uncle Dave gave me a quart of Tennessee applejack, you only want a little bit of this stuff, and then a cold beer to followup ..... :D

Hence behind the Wood Pile ! ;)

Yes Jim I upgraded !!!

Attachments

• sbwp3.jpg
    sbwp3.jpg
    745.3 KB · Views: 122
   / Smokin... behind the Wood Pile... #10  
Good Afternoon rasimmo,
OK heres the first installment ! :)

My Uncle Dave gave me a quart of Tennessee applejack, you only want a little bit of this stuff, and then a cold beer to followup ..... :D

Hence behind the Wood Pile ! ;)

Yes Jim I upgraded !!!

I was waiting for the snapshot with a cold one in it. Sadly I'm stuck at work and can't hoist one in your honor until later on:mad:

Looking forward to a pic with the finished ribs:licking: