WEED ID

/ WEED ID #1  

DennisArrow

Platinum Member
Tractor
Iseki TL 2300, Kubota RTV, Kubota B7610
This stuff has shown up all over my place this year. I have never seen it before but it is in patches that can cover several square feet......Any ideas as to what it is????....Grazeon kills it out of my lawn and pasture but where I miss it, it seems to really be taking over......thanks......God bless

Attachments

• Weed 1.jpg
    Weed 1.jpg
    697.3 KB · Views: 362
  • Weed 2.jpg
    Weed 2.jpg
    815.5 KB · Views: 353
   / WEED ID #2  
The first picture is of Chickweed.
Stellaria media (Chickweed)
Pretty harmless, very common. Those little white flowers will have deeply 4 deeply divided petals.
The second picture I'm pretty sure is a different plant than the first. Look at the leaf margins of the two. The second picture looks like it might be in the mint family, but I can't tell from that picture. Post a pic of a larger plant or preferably a flower, maybe I can help more.

/ WEED ID #3  
the 2nd pic looks familiar to me, we have something like that
up here that has runners that spread wide and far. weeding
the garden of it isn't fun as it goes everywhere.

first pic i haven't seen up here in NY

sorry i don't know names though.

/ WEED ID #4  
I live in Ohio and have that stuff too.I don't know what it's called but your picture shows two different kinds of plant.The second kind I call creepy weed because it spreads by runners like strawberries and spread it does.If you miss the tiniest piece a whole new plant will grow.I do know that both spread rapidly and will take over.Get rid of it now while it's small.

/ WEED ID
WOW Andy!!! YOU are good!!!!!!!...........Right on with both plants. I read about chickweed and am still gonna get rid of it despite the healthy aspects. Started using Grazeon on both of them back in the fall and it works like a charm even in the winter. The stuff still keep germinating and showing up so am trying to just keep a handle on it. NO AM NOT USING GRAZEON in the garden.....there have decided to weed/till; but suprisingly there is very little of either in the garden........

Where it is really showing up is in the lawn and pature where we overseeded in the very early spring of 2011........Seems to me it was probably in one of the bags of Kentucky 31 Fescue that we got from the feed store. But not every bag as some places that we overseeded are not showing signs of the stuff.........

Anyway.........thanks guys.....God bless.......Dennis

/ WEED ID #10  
I've got the second one all over the place up here in Maine. Places where the dirt was exposed- and grew in undisturbed. Pretty hardy- can't survive the lawn mowing.