Our plan is in motion

/ Our plan is in motion #1  

zene55

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L2800
My wife and I have always had a long term plan on where we would retire to. We both are Longhorns and wanted to live near Austin. The pieces are falling into place. The plans pace has picked up and I am excited but still a little anxious.

We sold our home ~ 2 years before I retire. We were afraid the market would get worse. So we are going to try something that we always talked about but were never in the right position to try. We are leasing a condo in downtown Houston. Talk about a life style change.

Next year we have to finalize the house plans and hire a builder. Then I can retire and move the ranch.

/ Our plan is in motion #2  
Good call, I think the market is going to get worse. A new wave of foreclosures are going to crash on the beach this year. So how many ac did you buy near Austin?

/ Our plan is in motion #4  
Congratluations. Sounds like you sold at the right time!!!

What did you buy and what are your plans for the place?

Eddie

/ Our plan is in motion #5  
The market will have a total meltdown this summer.:( But that will be a great time to buy :)

/ Our plan is in motion #6  
Best of luck to you. Most people fail to plan until it is too late to be very successful. We started our retirement plan about 6-8 years ago. Down sizing 3 years ago into a much smaller shell home finished out by me & my grandson. We have been renting out the other home for now but will try to sell it someday. The best thing is no money owed on the new home on 11 acres. The retirement will happen this year. Just waiting on interest rates to bottom out as it affects my retirement settlement.

We are also looking to settle out in the Bandera, TX area. I like the Austin area but not nearly enough to move there.

/ Our plan is in motion
Good call, I think the market is going to get worse. A new wave of foreclosures are going to crash on the beach this year. So how many ac did you buy near Austin?

We have 11 acres with 40x60 metal building. I build a 20x40 apartment in one end so we spend every weekend there.

/ Our plan is in motion
Congratluations. Sounds like you sold at the right time!!!

What did you buy and what are your plans for the place?

Eddie

We are going to build a home on the place in Dripping Springs in a couple of years. In the mean time we leased a loft at the old rice hotel.

/ Our plan is in motion
Best of luck to you. Most people fail to plan until it is too late to be very successful. We started our retirement plan about 6-8 years ago. Down sizing 3 years ago into a much smaller shell home finished out by me & my grandson. We have been renting out the other home for now but will try to sell it someday. The best thing is no money owed on the new home on 11 acres. The retirement will happen this year. Just waiting on interest rates to bottom out as it affects my retirement settlement.

We are also looking to settle out in the Bandera, TX area. I like the Austin area but not nearly enough to move there.

We are not actually in Austin. We wanted to be close enough to drive in and catch the games. Our place is West of Dripping Springs.