Nature Stone flooring. How much $$$

/ Nature Stone flooring. How much $$$
4.50 is way cheaper than replacing the concrete. go checkout a basement job and reportback.

Not looking to replace the concrete.

Just top it with nature stone flooring.

How thick was what they installed in your garage for $4.50/sq ft?

Sealer is always an option, but has no R value.

I have heard that nature stone for a basement is much warmer than bare concrete. Any truth or just rumors?

Stone tile would be nice, but I am looking for something that is cheap, easy, low maintenace, and warmer than conctete.

Basement is ~1500 sq ft. And I cant see spending $4+ /sq ft just for flooring.

For the cost, I'd do a cheap berber or indoor/outdoor carpet @ ~70 cents a foot before I'd go with a laminante or tile.

I just thought if the nature stone @ about 1" thick or less overtop of the concrete was in the ~ $1-$1.50/ft range, that would be a good balance between affordable and easy.

I dont want to blow my whole budget on just the floor. I've still got to insulate/drywall the walls, and do a drop ceiling.

/ Nature Stone flooring. How much $$$ #13  
Call nature stone and get a quote, I did a garage floor.

/ Nature Stone flooring. How much $$$ #15  
About 5/8 to 3/4!!!!!!!!!!!!Sheeesh

/ Nature Stone flooring. How much $$$ #16  
If you have a discount flooring company you can get really cheap tile, I paid under 70 cents a square foot for the tile that I put in.

About 5/8 to 3/4!!!!!!!!!!!!Sheeesh

I was wondering because $4.50 sounded like a lot of $$$. And you mentioned that it was cheaper than concrete. And I took that to mean that you used JUST naturestone in lieu of the concrete. So I was thinking (in my mind) that you had it put down 3-4" thick for that price.

Thats why I was wondering.

@ $4.50 to go 3/4" overtop of concrete, I'll pass.

I may look into those rubber interlocking tiles. That would be warmer than concrete and easy to do. Just a matter of cost now.

/ Nature Stone flooring. How much $$$ #18  
I was wondering because $4.50 sounded like a lot of $$$. And you mentioned that it was cheaper than concrete. And I took that to mean that you used JUST naturestone in lieu of the concrete. So I was thinking (in my mind) that you had it put down 3-4" thick for that price.

Thats why I was wondering.

@ $4.50 to go 3/4" overtop of concrete, I'll pass.

I may look into those rubber interlocking tiles. That would be warmer than concrete and easy to do. Just a matter of cost now.

Not to be the bearer of bad news, not only do I think a good rubber interlocking tile is going to be in the $3-4/sg ft range, but I would avoid it in an enclosed area that may have moisture. The rubber tiles will trap the moisture and you will get mold/mildew.

Not to be the bearer of bad news, not only do I think a good rubber interlocking tile is going to be in the $3-4/sg ft range, but I would avoid it in an enclosed area that may have moisture. The rubber tiles will trap the moisture and you will get mold/mildew.

awe man...more bad news:confused2:

Oh well. Still a while before I have to do anything.

I think my main questions have been answered with the nature stone being $4.50/sq ft, I cant see me spending $7k to do my basement.

I was hoping when he posted that price, that was for stuff like 4" thick, which would have made a 1" or less layer much more affordable.

I'll probabally just end up doing a cheap ~50-70 cents/sqft indoor/outdoor carpet or cheap berber. Something with no padding. I used to work for a company that did water damage restorations. And anytime waterdamage occured, padding was tossed. So if I go carpet, it will be pad-less:thumbsup:

I just dont want something that is cold and unbearable to walk/lay on. This is most likely going to be the kids play/room.