Nature Stone flooring. How much $$$

/ Nature Stone flooring. How much $$$ #1  

LD1

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota MX5100
Anyone on here have nature stone flooring?

A finished basement is not too distant in my future. And I have seen it before and liked the look.

So a few questions:

How do you like yours?
Any Cons?
And how much did it cost you per sq ft?

/ Nature Stone flooring. How much $$$
Nobody has nature stone or epoxy stone flooring????

/ Nature Stone flooring. How much $$$ #3  
I put tile on our basement floor.

/ Nature Stone flooring. How much $$$ #4  
I put Nature Stone in my Garage in 05 for 2600.00$ 24x24. Cheaper than Concrete holds up well. Do not spill any caustic liquids on it or use a floor jack.

/ Nature Stone flooring. How much $$$
I put Nature Stone in my Garage in 05 for 2600.00$ 24x24. Cheaper than Concrete holds up well. Do not spill any caustic liquids on it or use a floor jack.
So about $4.50/sq ft, yikes

What did you put it down over?? Was this ALL nature stone, like 4" thick?? or did you put it over concrete.

This will be going down on top of concrete in the basement.

Tile and grout is an option. But I have heard that the nature stone isnt as cold to walk on.

Carpet and wood are out of the question. I want something that will hold up to an occational leak from above. Leaks happen. Its just a matter of when and where. And I dont want to have to deal with replacing carpet everytime I have a little leak.

/ Nature Stone flooring. How much $$$ #6  
4.50 is way cheaper than replacing the concrete. go checkout a basement job and reportback.

/ Nature Stone flooring. How much $$$ #7  
If you're looking for inexpensive and nice looking, how about stained concrete with a good sealer? Two coats of stain and penetrating sealer cost less than $1 per square foot. A shade more if you go with a high-gloss solvent sealer. Rental on a floor sander for $40 per day, so $80. Sanding pads and buffing pads about $30. A cheap big box store sprayer for less than $20. A roll of blue tape and masking paper for the baseboards and walls $20. You probably already have a shopvac for cleanup.

/ Nature Stone flooring. How much $$$ #8  
If you're looking for inexpensive and nice looking, how about stained concrete with a good sealer? Two coats of stain and penetrating sealer cost less than $1 per square foot. A shade more if you go with a high-gloss solvent sealer. Rental on a floor sander for $40 per day, so $80. Sanding pads and buffing pads about $30. A cheap big box store sprayer for less than $20. A roll of blue tape and masking paper for the baseboards and walls $20. You probably already have a shopvac for cleanup.

There you go. I did my garage cause my floor was flaking real bad, and it was 3500.00 cheaper than concrete.

/ Nature Stone flooring. How much $$$ #9  
Stone tiles are available. Prices vary. They have to go on a good base with perhaps a separation layer between the concrete and stone.:)

A stone flagging flooris a little different.:)

/ Nature Stone flooring. How much $$$ #10  
I always cringed when I thought about vacuming or cleaning that style of floor.

I would put a nice stone tile down in the basement.