Early Spring

/ Early Spring #1  

lakngulf

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti CK30
I had never heard of La Nina until this year, just like I had never heard of those other La-weather systems, but it is great to have an early preview of spring. Supposedly, the warm temps are a result of La Nina. Whatever the cause, these guys are enjoying the weather.

IMG_0386.jpg

/ Early Spring #2  
Nice flowers, you always post great pics. With a La Nina year the weather forecasters said we would have the coldest winter in 20 years. Well they were WRONG, had one week of cold weather, -9C overnight and one snowfall of 4 1/4 inches. No flowers out though, that may be a couple of months yet. On the bright side the wife went to "Seedy Saturday" today and picked up lots of seed for the spring so it may not be that far off. :licking: :)

/ Early Spring
Had a couple of blue birds sitting on my rope swing platform watching their little ones play in the trees and garden.

P1010892.jpg

/ Early Spring #4  
Even up here there earlier signs of spring..frost heaves and pot holes. :(

/ Early Spring #5  
13 degrees and clear here. Our frost heaves are evident here also... but that's because the calcium they,ve been using on the roads the last few years

/ Early Spring #6  
here in NC, the bulbs are starting to pop out too. Even grass is growing and some of the early flowering trees are budding out in spots. Having a nursery, I see this a lot where plants start growing and budding out and then we have one or two more late frost and the new growth gets zapped, but no big deal the plants just bounce right back. :thumbsup:

But I do love mild winters.

/ Early Spring #7  
I thought spring started in November:laughing: Has been awfully nice this winter.

/ Early Spring #8  
Last year we froze our nads off so on balance I figure we're now even

/ Early Spring #9  
50 degrees here, which is about normal for winter. We had a few warm days, but now we're expecting a few really cold days. So far, it's been a mild winter and I'm very happy with it so far.

Nice pic of the bluebird!!! Looks like your lake is about as low as everything out this way.

Eddie

/ Early Spring #10  
Grass I planted in November and December is coming up green, Robins returned a month ago along with a bunch of other song birds and my 40 lb groundhog came out of hibernation yesterday! :D