Next door neighbor....fenced 3/4 Acre of my farm..Tenant

/ Next door neighbor....fenced 3/4 Acre of my farm..Tenant #21  
Yep, amazing what some people will do.
At my old place I had a neighbor that kept doing all sorts of things on my side of the fence. Against my nature I tried the "civil" thing and spoke to him about it a few times. At the urging of my wife I even had the sheriff come out and speak to him. But stuff kept happening.
So one day I was brush hogging and found that he had built a storage shed against his side of the fence but had dumped the leftover dirt from the holes, concrete and scrap wood on my side. I figured I'd turned the other cheek more than enough times, so I scooped up two bucket loads of what I considered to be his "misplaced property" and deposited it on the roof of the new shed. Never had a problem after that.

:laughing: :thumbsup: :laughing:
Now thats one way of keeping high winds from blowing his shed away ! :D

Boone

/ Next door neighbor....fenced 3/4 Acre of my farm..Tenant #22  
RDrancher, your my kinda guy! In reading i was expecting you to say "while turning the tractor the loader hit the shed and knocked it down" but putting stuff on the roof is even better! Like to have you for a neighbor but your quite a distance away! .. . John

Brin, why do you feel you are you at a disadvantage when your wife is along? I have been in a number of disagreements such as this one, and if your right and can prove it! Let it HAPPEN! Years ago we came home one day to find a mobile home hauler stuck in my hay lot with a HUGE mobile home and hauler truck He'd knocked down about 5 acres of Alafalfa hay and put it into a big mud pit. When i saw this all my wife said was "Holy sh*t as i jumped out of the truck and went after the guy. The hauler said he didn't need permission and to get out of his ******way! Needless to say a fist fight broke out, the man was arrested after an emergency room visit for stitches ect. . . When our case came before the judge it was funny to hear the mobile home hauler talk his way out of the ordeal especially being a town justice an a near by town. Well He lost! Judge ordered I hold his truck, New 72' mobile home and moving equipment until i was financially compensated for the damage and the ground was repaired, another fight broke out in the court room and a simple tresspass, property damage issue went big! The hauler lost his privelidge to be town Justice and i was compensated quite a large sum of money.Guess i was lucky, bring the law with you first! Good luck. .. John

I've know a few fellows that take no prisoners... they offer one chance to make it right and god help you if you don't.

One, a decorated WWII fighter ace was having trouble with people parking on his posted land... it wasn't so much the parking as it was the trash and butts left behind... even during fire season...

He confronted the worst offender who was able to drive off... and the owner thought it would be the end of it...

Two weeks later the same Jeep was parked in the same spot... "Somehow" the driver must not have set his brake because the jeep ended up at the bottom of a very steep ravine...

The kids father was a local lawyer and the kid thought he could do as he pleased... that is till someone finally called him on it...

/ Next door neighbor....fenced 3/4 Acre of my farm..Tenant #23  
Wow what an idiotic person (the person who erected the fence).

I hope you get it taken down.

/ Next door neighbor....fenced 3/4 Acre of my farm..Tenant #24  
I gues I dont understand the hostility shown to the person who "could be honestly misinformed" Politely informing them you own the property in question might have avoided the drama.....

Always procede civilily first then follow up with the big stick....

/ Next door neighbor....fenced 3/4 Acre of my farm..Tenant #25  
No one has mentioned or suggested this.

About the staples...

Maybe, to ensure they all get removed, take a can of bright spray paint, walk the fence line and spray each staple where it is sunk into your trees.

That way, if and when the neighbor says he took the fence down and removed the staples, you will have a mark and can check them yourself.

Just a thought

and yes, I know we don't want florescent painted trees

/ Next door neighbor....fenced 3/4 Acre of my farm..Tenant #26  
I gues I dont understand the hostility shown to the person who "could be honestly misinformed" Politely informing them you own the property in question might have avoided the drama.....

I agree!!! My question is why isnt there a fence between the two places anyways? If there was a fence there and he did it,would see why you got alittle upset but for a new neighbor not knowing anything. First thing I did when I got my place was put new fence up to keep neighbors animals out,so there wouldnt be a problem(and keep mine in) but her flying animals well they got ate by my pitbull. I didnt even take the old one down just built my new one on my side of old fence that way ,couldnt say I scooted it over.

/ Next door neighbor....fenced 3/4 Acre of my farm..Tenant #27  

I imagine because an honest mistake wasn't made...

To me an honest mistake would be having an inaccurate survey or mistaking the pins...

My Grandparents farm had the pins set 2' inside the property line... this way he could clear the pins and keep them in the open without going onto the neighbors property... the survey that is recorded shows the set backs...

When someone from the city bought a small parcel adjacent... a crew put up a fence and had a day into to it when my grandfather made them aware... they sat down looked at the survey and the neighbor said he will have the crew move the posts... an honest mistake.

The second issue is the damage to the trees... I'm curious how the landlord would feel if it was his trees that got nailed.

/ Next door neighbor....fenced 3/4 Acre of my farm..Tenant #28  

+1 They just moved in and probably had bad info. Glad the neighbors are neighborly especially in the country

/ Next door neighbor....fenced 3/4 Acre of my farm..Tenant #29  
I agree!!! My question is why isnt there a fence between the two places anyways? If there was a fence there and he did it,would see why you got alittle upset but for a new neighbor not knowing anything. First thing I did when I got my place was put new fence up to keep neighbors animals out,so there wouldnt be a problem(and keep mine in) but her flying animals well they got ate by my pitbull. I didnt even take the old one down just built my new one on my side of old fence that way ,couldnt say I scooted it over.

Same thought here. First thing we did when we bought our land was have a legal survey conducted and then put up the barbwire fences on the boundaries. One of our neighbors came out to complain, until we showed him the survey. He wished us a good day and quietly walked off.

Last edited:
   / Next door neighbor....fenced 3/4 Acre of my farm..Tenant #30  
My neighbor was "using" a 10' wide x 300' long piece of my land. I have him permission to mow it, and told him do nothing else to it. About a year later I was checking it out and found he was spraying some kind of herbicides all along my woods, well into my property. A week later I went up and fenced the entire 300'. He was thoroughly pissed off at me, at which I promptly pointed out to him that he was made at me because I was using my property the way I wanted to. I now wish I would have just fenced it years ago when I had it surveyed. He disputed the property line but the surveyor was right there and told the neighbor to run a line or whatever he wanted to do to make sure he understood where the line was. Because of the hills, the pins I had the surveyor put in (4 of them) didn't look like a straight line, but when the pissy neighbor ran a string down the line, all of the pins were exactly in line. Neighbor says, "if I had known the property line was over here, I wouldn't have bought this place". Funny, like it was my fault, but he was full of crap anyway as all the specimen trees he planted just happened to be right over the property line on his side.