Name that snake...again

/ Name that snake...again #11  
When its a snake native to your area its easy !
Heres another seen around here lots : name it

Boone

Attachments

• ringneck_snake.jpg
    ringneck_snake.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 181
   / Name that snake...again
We call that a ring neck snake, about 4-6 inches long

/ Name that snake...again #14  
Red next to Yellow Kill a Fellow, something about Jack and your OK, I'm going to stick with the mushroom rule, if its not available at the supermarket don't touch it! Better to be a little hungry and not going I should have left it alone.......

/ Name that snake...again #15  
red and yellow kill a fellow (coral snake), red and black venom lack (king snake). At least that's how it was taught to me back in my snake collecting days. Not that we would ever find a coral snake in this area anyway, but still a good rhyme to know.

/ Name that snake...again #17  
Heres another seen around here lots : name it

Boone

Boone, I had never seen one of those black ring-neck snakes anywhere until I bought a Snakes of Texas book to become more familiar with the varieties that could be found here. One evening, I read about the ring-neck and the next day was out walking and saw one in the leaves near a creek on my place. I'd say it was about the size of a pencil. It was the one and only time I've ever seen one and just happened to be the day after reading about it in a book. Unbelievable coincidence!

/ Name that snake...again #18  
Boone, I had never seen one of those black ring-neck snakes anywhere until I bought a Snakes of Texas book to become more familiar with the varieties that could be found here. One evening, I read about the ring-neck and the next day was out walking and saw one in the leaves near a creek on my place. I'd say it was about the size of a pencil. It was the one and only time I've ever seen one and just happened to be the day after reading about it in a book. Unbelievable coincidence!

Jim there all over the place down here in Fla,about the largest one I've ever seen though was only about 5" long. In fact sometimes at first we have confused them with earthworms. Usually they seem to be in damp areas under something.

Boone

/ Name that snake...again #19  
Can anyone name this one ?

Boone

Attachments

• imagesCALAQO5H.jpg
    imagesCALAQO5H.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 134