Name that snake....all over again

/ Name that snake....all over again #1  

RobertBrown

Elite Member
Tractor
Bolens G192/TS1910 Ford/New Holland 1920
I took this picture maybe 10 years ago:confused3:. It took a while but I was able to positively identify this as a snake. It's not uncommon in Florida but it is a non-native, non-invasive species.
I had turned over a brick, glanced at it and quickly looked back as I noticed something peculiar about this earth worm. I picked it up and noticed it was biting my finger. No pain, but it occured to me that I had better determine exactly what this is, as I may have been envenomated :confused:. I was able to see the tongue flicking out with a magnifying glass.
P3150004.jpg

P3150010.jpg

P3150006.jpg

P3150007.jpg

/ Name that snake....all over again #2  
I don't know the exact species, but it is some type of blind snake. They live mostly underground and have no use for vision. They have no eyes, or their eyes are non-functional.

/ Name that snake....all over again #6  

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 122
   / Name that snake....all over again #7  
JJ got it on other name that snake .
Actually was no snake but a leggless lizard.

Boone

/ Name that snake....all over again #9  
Not a snake at all. It's a lizard, leggless lizard

Yep for years I have seen-em around here thinking it was a snake till one young man educated me on what it actually was. Not knowing what they were I'll tell Ya they dang sure looked poisonous.

Any of you's in Yankee land want one just pay shipping charges. :laughing:

;)

Boone

/ Name that snake....all over again
Yep for years I have seen-em around here thinking it was a snake till one young man educated me on what it actually was. Not knowing what they were I'll tell Ya they dang sure looked poisonous.

Any of you's in Yankee land want one just pay shipping charges. :laughing:

;)

Boone
I found one in Dixie county that was 31" long a few years back. They have lots of snakes there. I haven't seen one in a long time where I live.