Home Invasion Shooting

/ Home Invasion Shooting #1  

RSKY

Veteran Member
Kentucky, West of the Lakes, South of Possum Trot.
Tractor
Kioti CK20S
A homeowner in Mayfield KY was shot when he answered a knock on his door around midnight Wednesday night. The intruders shot him, then struck him. Also in the house were his wife, daughter, and a grandchild. The wife heard the shot, armed herself and when the intruders attempted to enter the bedroom she opened fire striking one of them on the arm and in the side. The intruders fled the scene after shooting her twice. When police arrived the woman was on the bed with three weapons.

An employee for the local school system saw two men walking down a road with identical black shirts and camo pants on and contacted the sheriff's office. By the time they got there another motorist had picked the men up and gave them a ride to another small town in the county where they were apprehended.

Later in the day another suspect was arrested. He was an ex boyfriend of the daughter and had been a guest in the home before. Apparently the object of the home invasion was to steal the family's guns. Rumor has it that he was driving the getaway car and got away when the shooting started.

My wife knows the couple and there were no drugs involved, at least of the victims side. The daughter always seemed to be a good kid. She is about thirty and went to school with my oldest.

Lessons from this: #1 Never open the door to someone you don't know. #2 Make sure every family member knows where the weapons are and how to use them. #3 Have a plan.

This is preliminary report and there will probably be some changes. But, there is no doubt that the intruders would have killed the entire family if the woman had not fought back.

/ Home Invasion Shooting #2  
Another home invasion? It's the third or fourth one I've read about on TBN within the last week or so. That's it, I am definitely buying another gun.

/ Home Invasion Shooting #4  
Good advice was included in your post. Situations like this can happen anytime, anyplace or anywhere. Staying alert, being trained and proficient in the use of weapons, and utilizing caution when faced with the unexpected are some ways to help "level the playing field".

/ Home Invasion Shooting #5  
Just for this reason,my wife is by my design a better shot with a pistol than me. Guns are placed all over the house. I'd hate to be that dummy on the other side of the door. Standing orders in my house: we don't dial 911

/ Home Invasion Shooting #7  
Another home invasion? It's the third or fourth one I've read about on TBN within the last week or so. That's it, I am definitely buying another gun.

There is another home invasion I read about last night. I have the story in a browser tab on another system. When I get a chance I will post it.

Short summary, a thug armed with a pistol kicked in the front door. A father and young son where home. The father fought with the thug not knowing the thug had a pistol. The dad then saw said pistol, took it from the thug and shut the thug.

Later,
Dan

/ Home Invasion Shooting #8  
" The wife heard the shot, armed herself and when the intruders attempted to enter the bedroom she opened fire striking one of them on the arm and in the side. "

Wish she drop the knot head in his tracks

Thats why my wife has spent time at range,I told her remember one thing,show no mercy for those types won't.

/ Home Invasion Shooting #10  
Less than a week ago I told about encountering a couple of stranded female motorists on a lonely stretch of road near my house... when it was over I realised how it could have gone the other way. I'll continue to do what I did, but am thinking about what I needto do different... the first being a CCP.