What kind of animal is this?

/ What kind of animal is this?
Dont know what the print is but i sure hope that isnt your driveway you are pouring.

Of course not, I am not that sloppy. It is just some concrete for the culvert area to keep the dirt and weeds down near the opening. I didn't care about the aesthetics of it, it is down in the culvert area.

/ What kind of animal is this? #13  
Definitely not hooved. Could be a mountain lion based on the size you mentioned and depending upon where you're located. Were you able to see multiple tracks in the area? If so, measuring the stride will aid in identification as well.

/ What kind of animal is this? #14  
Where are you located?

I agree, where are you? Fun game for us that live in the wild and have to play that game for real. I guess that since you are pouring concrete you are not in the wilds of the North Country!

/ What kind of animal is this? #15  
I think it's a big raccoon. The 'fingers' look well defined and it may have dragged its paw a bit.

/ What kind of animal is this?

I agree, where are you? Fun game for us that live in the wild and have to play that game for real. I guess that since you are pouring concrete you are not in the wilds of the North Country!

I am in the Prescott, AZ area with a 4,800 foot elevation. We have mountain lions and bobcats in the area, I personally haven't seen a mountain lion but I saw a bobcat about 2 years ago.

The daily temps are in the 50F - 60F, so pouring concrete is not an issue.

/ What kind of animal is this? #17  
I poured some concrete and let it dry overnight, but apparently some animal walked across the curing concrete and left its print.

It's about 5" tall.

Is it a hoved animal, like cow or deer? Or more of a predator, like a cougar?

What do you think it is?

Hmmm. I looked at the pic, and have read the other responses, but I'm just not seeing what you guys are. My first impression is... it looks like dinosaur tracks!!! Yeah, one of those duck-billed web-footed kind! :laughing: :thumbsup:

So, is this the basic outline you all are seeing (in green)? Note the hard lump of concrete pointed at by the pink arrow... it'd be unusual for anything to step and have that between its toes and it not get pressed down or move. It looks to me like some of the same irregularities seen throughout the concrete, no? Someone show me an outline if I'm just not looking at it right.

This sure did make me smile, and I had to wonder if you were trying to have some fun with us! :)
-Mitch

Attachments

• Dino.jpg
    Dino.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 182
   / What kind of animal is this? #18  
Don't post the pic in your local paper, because you'll have 50,000 folks stopping by thinking it looks like the Virgin Mary.

/ What kind of animal is this? #19  
Don't post the pic in your local paper, because you'll have 50,000 folks stopping by thinking it looks like the Virgin Mary.

That's a good one! Did you hear way back about the cheese sandwich with the virgin image? I think it either sold on eBay (or they attempted to sell) for quite a sum of money!

Hey, if it's dinosaur tracks, you'll have to stop all construction. This happened recently out here in Colorado (Google "mammoth snowmass" and you'll see). It has been quite the archaeological dig out here!
-Mitch

P.S. Google "dinosaur tracks" and select Images (on the left) ... I can see why I thought this looked like them... Here is just one example:

IMG_7433.jpg

/ What kind of animal is this? #20  
I don't see anything there that looks like a track, just an area that was roughly smoothed out. I'm guessing you did it when you spread the concrete and didn't realize it.

Eddie