The smell of fresh dirt

/ The smell of fresh dirt #1  

plowindeeper

Gold Member
Tractor
jd 4610
Cut up the garden today Jd 4610 with the international 370 disk got the onions and cabbage planted another year of gardening off to a great start

/ The smell of fresh dirt #2  
I wish it was dry enough here to do that. I am anxious to smell some fresh dirt myself. Seems like every time it almost gets dry enough to hookup the chisel plow here comes some more rain.

/ The smell of fresh dirt
I live on a hill lucky I guess. My dirt is a sandy loam mix dries out quick in spring but holds moisture as long as you don't over work it. Everybody else's around here is like mud. People driving by breaking there necks. My garden is 10' off the road cause that's the best dirt of the 40. Had 7 people call today for me to come do there's after they seen mine cut up. I'm always the first one makes the ol' timers itchy.

/ The smell of fresh dirt #4  
Love to feel fresh dirt between my toes, can't wait to plant the garden.

/ The smell of fresh dirt #5  
The smell of freshly turned dirt can be somewhat associated to smelling bacon cooking. Even with yours eyes closed, you can relate to the smell of both and fond memories will return.

/ The smell of fresh dirt #6  
Heck, I would just like to see some ground, but that will be a while yet.:thumbsup:

IMG_2047.jpg

Kubota B3030 HSDC snowblowing Jan 2012 (HD) - YouTube

/ The smell of fresh dirt #7  
Just once in my life time I would like to see snow that deep here in Alabama.

/ The smell of fresh dirt
I'd like to see it that deep here to