Any Doomsday Preppers Here?

/ Any Doomsday Preppers Here? #1  

miramadar

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti CK27
I've been watching the Doomsday Preppers series on the NatGeo channel (I think that's the channel). I find it pretty interesting. I personally think they go a little overboard and don't place enough trust in their fellow man, but I definitely appreciate the value of their preparedness.

Just curious about other TBNers' opinions about the show. Also would like to know if there are any of you who are Doomsday Preppers.

/ Any Doomsday Preppers Here? #2  
I watched a couple and those people are a bit too far out there for me. Having said that, living in an earth quake prone area, a certain level of preparedness is probably advisable and we keep a generator and fuel with a little extra food. Our water supply is from our well and we have two forty gallon water heaters we could get water from. I have always had guns and extra ammo on hand because it is cheaper to buy in bulk and not for post apocalyptic zombies. I don't really see myself as a "prepper".

/ Any Doomsday Preppers Here? #3  
I tried watching that show a couple of times. Those folks are way too far out for my taste. From the little I did watch most of those folks are City Fied.

Most all country folks are prepared to some extent, but very few so far out. I keep a good supply of Beer & smokes, just in case. :laughing::licking:

/ Any Doomsday Preppers Here? #4  
Doomsday? Let it come. :laughing:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0GFRcFm-aY]R.E.M. - It's The End Of The World - YouTube[/ame]

/ Any Doomsday Preppers Here? #5  
Any prepper worth his or her salt wouldn't revile their plans or preparations to the world on that show.

HS

/ Any Doomsday Preppers Here? #6  
Any prepper worth his or her salt wouldn't revile their plans or preparations to the world on that show.

HS

Very true...who wants all the beggars at the door after the SHTF?

We're like TripleR...extra fuel and such....that's about it.

/ Any Doomsday Preppers Here? #7  
I just finished off the last of my Y2K bean stash. :licking:

/ Any Doomsday Preppers Here? #8  
Exactly, otherwise you will have the whole county stopping by when the proverbial excrement hits the fan.
My family knows about my plans and one or two of the neighbors who would be very helpful in such a situation, but otherwise, the info is kept private.

Aaron Z

/ Any Doomsday Preppers Here? #9  
Speaking of Y2K, we had a nice garden in 1999. I was giving lots of veggies to my neighbor. One day he jokingly said "Shouldn't you be saving these up for Y2K?" to which I replied "All I have to do is keep you fat."