Texas Spring/Summer Thread

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #1,881  
bindian; When folks your way are wanting a hurricane, you know the drought is BAD.

Since we are way up high at around 189 feet:rolleyes:...........let it come this way. I just get scared of all the tonadoes a hurricane can spawn.:banghead: I heard one go by while waiting (at night trying to sleep) for Rita to pewder out.
I got the basic hurricane survival toys:thumbsup:..........tractor/loader/backhoe, chainsaw, and generator.
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #1,882  
I'll take all the rain I can get.:laughing:

Bird, I'll do my part:laughing: I have to work in Plano and Allen the next 3 nights, so it will surely rain!

Since we are way up high at around 189 feet:rolleyes:...........let it come this way. I just get scared of all the tonadoes a hurricane can spawn.:banghead: I heard one go by while waiting (at night trying to sleep) for Rita to pewder out.
I got the basic hurricane survival toys:thumbsup:..........tractor/loader/backhoe, chainsaw, and generator.
hugs, Brandi

You left out one of the most important tools Brandi!! A roll of TP for when SHTF:shocked:

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #1,883  
Every thing we grow, what we don't eat fresh we give away,, we have a youth home that will always take it also some older people we know,, plus they will come out and pick it..
along about July/Aug I get tried of pulling weeds and watering.. so I just take care of my small garden at the house,,
every thing I grow here, that we don't eat fresh I make hot sauce out of.. I make about 10 gallons a year..
we did beans and few other things back when we were into canning,, but now we blanch some of the veggie put in a vacuum bags and freeze.. loses a little taste but still good,,
We still have some stuff we canned over four or five years ago, wonder if its like a fine wine its gets better over time..
Would you like to try my 2004 green beans?:laughing:,Lou

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #1,884  
So your signature line is not from personal experience, it's future tense...ohhhh....k.:thumbsup:

No hon, I am definitely not an old nag. I don't hang out with those that don't know how to treat a girl right! :D

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #1,885  
You kids best get along!:D

It's HOT, 96*:eek: Atleast it will be cooler at work tonight, I can deal with 72*:thumbsup:

I'm thinking we may have to resurrect the "Texas Heat" thread soon

OH BTW, the tornado in El Reno, OK. has been upgrade to an EF 5 and the widest tornado ever recorded at 2.6 miles wide!!:shocked: That's a "bigg'n" boy and girls!

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #1,886  
I hope it DOESN'T rain in Allen Wednesday night:laughing: It's bad enough to see Dallas, let alone have to go back if I get rained out. If I'm lucky, it will rain from Birds house West.

I agree about the Dallas part. I'd *almost* rather be raped, beaten and left for dead, than have to go into Dallas! I hope you get your work done, Western, so you don't have to go back there later to finish.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #1,887  
You left out one of the most important tools Brandi!! A roll of TP for when SHTF:shocked:

Dennis,
I said toys, not tools. I am stocked up on TP though.
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #1,888  
Just finished watering the garden. It is HOT and Dry. The wind might help when one is out in it, but doesn't help things stay moist. So, maybe Parker County can get the rain, this time, if you don't mind, jinman! :laughing:

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #1,889  
FG19, you dont understand Jim's watering needs:laughing: During the summers he has about a kabillion feet of water hose and runs his well until mine goes dry, That's why I coined the term "Jim's hose array":D During August, you can look at any weather radar and see a small "blip" of rain,,,it's Jim's house!:rotfl: As further proof, Lake Bridgeport is close to his house.....It is the only lake in North Texas that is 17' low. Bottom line, he aint giving his rain away:laughing: BTW, I heard he also charge $5 for his shower:shocked: Bird told me:D

Brandi, I didn't catch that,,,TB can be a toy too, if there is someones house you dont like!