Texas Spring/Summer Thread

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #961  
Bird; As long as Finfrock was Taft's underling, and for the first few years he was at KXAS, he was pretty food. He too has gone the lazy route, and doesn't use his degree much. Scott Chesner was good, but they got rid of him. :confused3:

Scott Chesner is now on a station out here in Tyler and doing his usual great job.

Charlie

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #962  
I knew Kristine Kahanek when she was in college. Actually I was a friend of a couple of her friends and we met a few times.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #963  
Scott Chesner is now on a station out here in Tyler and doing his usual great job.

Charlie

Scott was a good weatherman, but had a cloud over him in the DFW area due to a domestic incident where he became violent with his wife and is reported to have bitten her ear. Lot's of people I knew called him a 'wife-biter'. I think that hurt him a bunch in this market whether it was true or not.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #964  
I knew Kristine Kahanek when she was in college. Actually I was a friend of a couple of her friends and we met a few times.

Darn Kyle! Lucky you:laughing: Was she pretty then?:D

Scott was a good weatherman, but had a cloud over him in the DFW area due to a domestic incident where he became violent with his wife and is reported to have bitten her ear. Lot's of people I knew called him a 'wife-biter'. I think that hurt him a bunch in this market whether it was true or not.

After that incident, he'd been better off getting into "boxing", acceptable behavior there I understand:eek:

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #965  
Yes, quite a beautiful redhead. She turned heads back then too.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #966  
Yes, quite a beautiful redhead. She turned heads back then too.

I knew it:laughing: The bonus is, you can tell in her case, she is much more than a "pretty girl" IMO

Looks like we may get some more rain in a day or 2! It would be nice to get a good soaker every week to 10 days. Unlike last year, all the rain in the span of 1 month!

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #967  
All I want is a nice 3 or 4 inch rain with no hail or high wind and no freezing afterwards. That will put my ponds and lake full with no damage to my garden. Is that too much to wish for?:confused3:

I need to get my lawn mowers serviced and my pickup inspected today. Maybe I'll get at least one of those things done before being distracted by something else.:D

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #968  
Hook up your shop vac and point it south east. Here in south La. We can't can't seem to get dry weather for more than a couple days at a time. I think I am about to sprout web feet if this doesn't let up.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #969  
Hook up your shop vac and point it south east. Here in south La. We can't can't seem to get dry weather for more than a couple days at a time. I think I am about to sprout web feet if this doesn't let up.

I'll hook up my shop vac if you'll hook up your space heater. That way we can get a warm front over the next two days instead of freezing temperatures. I've been covering plants to protect them against hail followed by a possible frost. We put covers over 46 tomatoes and 12 peppers plus cucumbers, squash, and Israel melon seedlings. Just when the weather changes, my Bush beans and blackeyed peas jumped up out of the ground. If I have to replant my garden, I'll be shedding bitter tears. I have a terrific start and don't want to start over.:mad:

BTW: I never got my lawnmower serviced nor my truck inspected.:rolleyes: I remembered that I had 6 boxes of bulbs that needed planting in a big flowerbed. Instead of doing the other jobs, I dug weeds and tilled up the flower bed. I added 8 cubic feet of organic compost so that the whole bed is nice and fluffly. Then, my wife and I planted bulbs for about 6 different types of sun loving perennial flowers. Then today it was making our vegetable garden ready for the weather change. I'll get to the mower and truck when I get a 'round-tuit.':)

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #970  
Jim, thats the gamble with Texas weather:laughing: Done all you can do brother, so might as well sit back with a cold (hot) tea:D Not much you can do about hail, I have used old sheets of tin before and buckets, works if the wind cooperates.

I havent planted the peach trees in the ground yet, got 30 RR ties in Dallas for $5 each:thumbsup: so I have been building a small retaining wall. (That is some hard work) The ties aren't perfect, but for $5, they will do. I should be planting by this weekend:dance1:

BTW, stopped by the Walmart in Azle, their plants did get some heavy freeze damage.