Texas Spring/Summer Thread

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #981  
That looks like the end of the rain for us, a measly 1/10. This morning we went from 73˚ to 45˚ cold & windy.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread
Dennis, I think I beat you. I just poured about .29" of rain out of my gauge.:laughing:

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #983  
Pretty big let down here in East TX, too. I'm not sure how much we'll end up with, as it is still coming down lightly. But from the looks of the radar, it's all breaking up into scattered bands that aren't very dense in precip. Bummer.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #984  
Well, the forecast last night was for 1/2" to 1" for my area. I got .55", so I can't complain. It's not what I wanted, but it's sure better than nothing.

Dennis, it will be cold enough to frost tonight, but the winds are expected to continue at 5-15 mph with gusts to 25 mph. Frost won't form with that kind of wind. If it were calm, it would frost for sure, especially with all the moisture from the rain.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #985  
Pretty big let down here in East TX, too. I'm not sure how much we'll end up with, as it is still coming down lightly. But from the looks of the radar, it's all breaking up into scattered bands that aren't very dense in precip. Bummer.

Yep, a big let down. Just misting rain here and there. Everything is green, but need a gully washer to fill the big pond..............or at least a couple of days of slow steady rain.
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #986  
Well, the forecast last night was for 1/2" to 1" for my area. I got .55", so I can't complain. It's not what I wanted, but it's sure better than nothing.

Dennis, it will be cold enough to frost tonight, but the winds are expected to continue at 5-15 mph with gusts to 25 mph. Frost won't form with that kind of wind. If it were calm, it would frost for sure, especially with all the moisture from the rain.

Yep, moving air fights condensation, but froze is froze!! I just saw the weather and now we are under a freeze warning!

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #987  
Yesterday started out a balmy 73 then the wind came from the NW and by about noon it was 45 and light rain. We got a little under a 1/2 inch.

The wind should be under 10 mph tomorrow so I'm hoping to burn some brush piles.

Charlie

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #988  
Weather predicters missed it again, but at least I am glad they did, this time! They were calling for a freeze, and we got down to 40. No frost, so maybe the garden will be happy.

Let's see, they call for 34 and we get down to 24. They call for 43, we get down to 30. They call for 32, and we get down to 40. I wish I could get paid to be so inaccurate!

Goodbye winter! You are not welcome here!

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #989  
Let's see, they call for 34 and we get down to 24. They call for 43, we get down to 30. They call for 32, and we get down to 40. I wish I could get paid to be so inaccurate!

Goodbye winter! You are not welcome here!

Doctors, lawyers, stock analysts, weather guessers, and JC Penney CEOs all get paid if they are right or wrong.:confused: :laughing:

It was 34 F when I got up this morning and it dipped to 31.9 F as the sun peaked up over the horizon. The cars had light frost because the weather folks missed the wind speed also. It's pretty darn calm this morning. Right now my thermometer in the shade says 34.7 F, but the Weather Service temperature at the Bowie Airport is 32 F. I don't think anybody can really expect the temperature to be any closer than about + or - 5 degrees. I do think we dodged the bullet and this is the last scare of the season. :thumbsup: Now, we'll see how good a weatherman I would make.:D

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #990  
We had a lot of thunder early this morning...........and only 1/2 inch of rain.
hugs, Brandi